Walkup Melodia lawyers have studied failures of the DePuy ASR hip implant and, based on our experience and research, we have found that there are "classic" symptoms associated with a failed DePuy ASR hip implant. Our clients and their surgeons are reporting the following symptoms:
- Continuing hip, groin, leg, or low-back pain;
- Audible clicking, clacking, or crunching sounds coming from the ASR device;
- The sensation that one's hip is not "in place," especially when starting a movement, such as standing up or starting to walk;
- Marked declines in ability to do physical activities; and
- Increased metabolic activity near the location of the implanted device, as shown on a bone scan.
Unfortunately, our clients' treating physicians are often unable to make a definitive diagnosis of ASR acetabular cup failure without performing a revision surgery.
If you received an ASR hip implant and are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may qualify for compensation for physical damage, additional surgeries and your pain and suffering. Do not contact DePuy Orthopaedics or Johnson & Johnson without first talking to an attorney with experience handling defective medical device cases nationwide. It's important that you understand your rights. Call the law office of Walkup Melodia toll-free at (888) 799-3968, or contact us online. We handle DePuy ASR hip implant lawsuits in California and nationwide.