Christian R. Jagusch
Christian R. Jagusch
Christian R. Jagusch, MD, JD, joined the legal team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger. after a distinguished medical career as an Emergency Medicine specialist.
He began his academic career at Creighton University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry summa cum laude and continued his academic success at the Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. He received his postgraduate training at the Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Emergency Medicine Residency Program. Upon completion of his studies there, he received the Resident of the Year Award in 2002, the highest honor given to a member of the graduating residency class. He thereafter practiced exclusively in the field of emergency medicine for more than 10 years, and remains a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Specialist. He was inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Emergency Physicians in 2011.
Christian attended law school to continue his commitment to patient advocacy. He graduated magna cum laude in May 2015 from University of California Hastings College of the Law where he ranked in the top 5% of the graduating class and was admitted into the Thurston Honor vSociety. While in law school he received multiple awards for academic excellence and began the development of his advocacy skills by competing on the prestigious Hastings Intercollegiate Trial Team where he won awards while a student participant at four national trial competitions.
While at Hastings he also served on the Board of the local chapter of Law Students for Reproductive Justice. During his final year of law school, Dr. Jagusch served as a legal intern and medical consultant to the California State Assembly Business and Professions Committee, playing a role in public policy formation while gaining valuable insight into the legislative process.
Christian is deeply committed to community service. He has worked as a volunteer with the California High School Speech Association. He also serves as the volunteer Medical Director for the Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walks and the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day Walks. Previously he served as a volunteer Medical Director for the American Red Cross First Aid Station Program in Northern California.
Since joining the Walkup firm, Christian has worked on a wide variety of case types, including the firm's general personal injury, defective drug and device and medical malpractice cases. His unique blend of legal and medical skills assists our clients as we develop expert testimony and demonstrative evidence in support of their claims for injury, loss, damage and harm.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California - May, 2015
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Thurston Honor vSociety
- Honors: Hastings Intercollegiate Trial Team
- Honors: Board of the local chapter of Law Students for Reproductive Justice
- Honors: California State Assembly Business and Professions Committee, Legal Intern and Medical Consultant
- Creighton University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science summa cum laude
- Major: Chemistry
- Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska
- Honors: Resident of the Year Award, 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- California High School Speech Association, Volunteer
- Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walks and the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day Walks, volunteer Medical Director
- American Red Cross First Aid Station Program , Northern California, past volunteer Medical Director