Walkup Melodia's lawyers have studied failures of the DePuy ASR and Stryker hip implants and, based on our experience and research, we have found that there are "classic" symptoms associated with a failed DePuy ASR hip implant. Our clients and their surgeons are reporting the following symptoms:
- Continuing hip, groin, leg or low-back pain
- Audible clicking, clacking or crunching sounds coming from the ASR device
- The sensation that one's hip is not "in place," especially when starting a movement, such as standing up or starting to walk
- Marked declines in ability to do physical activities
- Increased metabolic activity near the location of the implanted device, as shown on a bone scan
Unfortunately, our clients' treating physicians are often unable to make a definitive diagnosis of ASR acetabular cup failure without performing revision surgery.
If you received an ASR hip implant and are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may qualify for compensation for physical damage, additional surgeries and your pain and suffering.
It's important that you understand your rights. Call the law office of Walkup Melodia toll free at 415-906-3764 or contact the Walkup firm online. We handle DePuy ASR hip implant lawsuits in California and nationwide.