Medical malpractice victims are treated as second-class citizens by California law. As a result, only a handful of personal injury firms still handle these cases. The odds favor the doctors and hospitals because the Legislature has made it that way at the urging of powerful medical lobbyists. The doctor and hospital insurance company lobbies have made it expensive and difficult for patients to bring suit.
Specialists In California Hospital, Doctor And Medical Malpractice Claims
The San Francisco medical malpractice lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger represent innocent people hurt by their care providers and have done so for more than 50 years. We proudly represent people injured while receiving medical care from doctors, hospitals, clinics and HMOs throughout California. With a full-time doctor-attorney on staff, our firm offers clients a level of service not found elsewhere — and it shows, in both our results and in the accolades our firm has received.
Our medical malpractice attorneys have well over 55 years of experience examining, preparing and presenting complicated medical evidence. We are networked with medical negligence lawyers across the country so that we can access the best and smartest experts. We work with a dedicated team of medical experts of the highest quality and training to ensure that every avenue of liability has been explored. We have helped patients recover for mistakes made by hospital staff, therapists and nurses and brought claims against physicians, nurses, hospitals and pharmacists.
Walkup Melodia is Recognized As A Top Tier Firm For Medical Malpractice By U.S. News & World Report.
The breadth of our experience in medical matters includes obstetrics and pediatrics, gynecology, oncology, cardiology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, plastic surgery, infectious diseases, emergency room care and nursing home abuse. Our California medical malpractice attorneys have handled claims involving:
- Birth injuries, including fetal distress, cerebral palsy, brain injury and hypoxia
- Failure to diagnose breast, colon and prostate cancer, heart attacks and stroke
- Emergency room negligence, including failure to provide prompt treatment
- Surgical errors, including anesthesia problems and wrong-site surgery
- Nursing mistakes
- Drug overdoses
- Pathology and radiology errors
- Medication errors and dangerous drugs
- Nursing home negligence
Other Practice Areas
- Defective medical products: Our firm has been the leader in many medical injury claims arising from defective medical devices — such as DePuy replacement hips, Stryker Rejuvenate hips, Sulzer hips and INFUSE Bone Graft.
- We handle Kaiser cases: Our medical malpractice attorneys specialize in cases against HMOs, including Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Kaiser Permanente Medical Group and Kaiser Hospitals. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of Kaiser Health Plan members through the Kaiser arbitration system.
We Do Not Back Down
Since lawyers for malpractice victims have limits placed on their fees, many attorneys either do not practice this type of law or quickly bow out of cases, leaving the victims unrepresented and their voices unheard. On the other hand, there is no limit on what medical malpractice insurance companies can pay lawyers to defend doctors, hospitals, chiropractors and other health professionals — indeed, they can spend millions of dollars to defend bad doctors, hospitals, Kaiser and other health providers when they are guilty of inexcusable wrongdoing, paying victims nothing.
We do not shy away from taking on even the largest opponent. Our firm is dedicated to holding negligent doctors and other medical professionals responsible for the injuries you have suffered.
Contact Our San Francisco Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have suffered a severe injury, Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger can help you. If you or a loved one has been injured at a Bay Area hospital, call us at 415-906-3764 or contact us online.