Justin received his J.D. from Berkeley Law (Boalt Hall) in 2011, and his B.A. with distinction in Political Science from UC Berkeley in 2008.
As a law student he was selected to participate in the American Advocates for Justice Trial Competition and the National Trial Competition on behalf of Berkeley Law, and in 2010-11, he co-chaired the Board of Advocates, overseeing the school’s appellate, negotiation, and trial competition teams. He was also elected Managing Editor of the California Annual Criminal Review, and in 2009 he authored an article that was published by the Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law.
After graduating from law school, Justin served the community as a Deputy Public Defender in Contra Costa County. There he represented clients in all aspects of their criminal cases and tried fourteen jury trials. In 2014 he brought his passion and trial experience to Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger to advocate for those who have suffered catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
Justin remains active as a coach for the Berkeley Law Mock Trial team and is a member of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, and Attorneys Information Exchange Group. He is also an avid motorcycle rider, mechanic, musician, and martial artist.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2014
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley, California
- J.D. – 2011
- Law Review: Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law, Managing Editor, 2008 – 2010
- UC Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Honors: With Distinction
- MELENDEZ-DIAZ V. MASSACHUSETTS: RAISING THE CONFRONTATION REQUIREMENTS, 14 Berkeley J. Crim. L. 439 , Fall, 2009
Past Employment Positions
- Contra Costa County Public Defender’s Office, Deputy Public Defender, 2011 – 2013
- Mandarin Chinese