Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that's highly toxic to humans. CO poisoning is responsible for hundreds of deaths every year. Alarmingly, it often happens with little or no warning. By the time you realize something is wrong, it may be too late.
An employee at a Santa Fe Springs seafood processing plant was killed recently after being cooked alive in an oven. The Contra Costa Times reports that an employee of Bumble Bee tuna processing plant was killed in a steam pressure cooker. The 62-year-old man was a father of six. His family was upset by the lack of information they initially received regarding their father's fatal industrial accident.