He was an active member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Mr. McDevitt was the first student to design and build carbon fiber wheels for the university’s automotive racing team—Formula SAE.
Mr. McDevitt attended law school at UC Hastings, where he served as Executive Production Editor of the Hastings Science & Technology Law Journal. He was also a member of the Hastings Trial Team. Andrew helped lead the team to a First Place finish in the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Mock Trial Competition and to the semi-finals the California Association for Criminal Justice tournament. During his final semester of law school, Mr. McDevitt served as a judicial extern to the Honorable A. James Robertson II of the San Francisco Superior Court.
At the Walkup firm, Mr. McDevitt utilizes his mechanical engineering background in the representation of both personal injury and wrongful death clients. He has participated in trial advocacy seminars sponsored by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. McDevitt is one of several Walkup attorneys who coached the Lowell High School Mock Trial Team, helping them become San Francisco city champions and reach the state finals in 2012 and 2014. He served as Secretary and Vice Chair on the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Committee for the BASF Delegation to the California Conference of Bar Associations and is Chair of the Delegation for 2015. He is also serving on the Executive Committee for the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Barristers Litigation Section.
- Motorcycle Rider v. California State Employee
- Married Apartment Tenants v. Landlord
- Pedestrian v. Driver
Honors and Awards
- Member, Hastings Trial Team
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of San Francisco’s Committee for the BASF Delegation to the California Conference of Bar Associations, Secretary
- Bar Association of San Francisco’s Barristers Litigation Section, Executive Committee
- Hastings Trial Team, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, Law Clerk, 2008 – 2010
- Honorable A. James Robertson II of the San Francisco Superior Court, Judicial Extern
Pro Bono Activities
- Coach, Lowell High School Mock Trial Team, 2012 – 2013
- Phi Tau Sigma
- Tau Beta Pi