In 2018, Conor obtained a $3.0 million dollar verdict in a premises liability case against a large San Francisco landlord on behalf of the adult daughter of a woman who died from smoke inhalation in a residential fire.
He has extensive experience representing victims of traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and catastrophic orthopedic injuries. Conor has successfully prosecuted civil cases against large national and international corporations including trucking companies, product manufacturers, recycling companies, property management companies, and multi-national corporate landowners. He is also experienced in claims against government entities having represented clients against numerous local municipalities, the State of California and the Federal government.
Conor is a creative, dedicated and tireless advocate. He possesses a thorough grasp of complex legal and medical issues and is adept at explaining complex information in clear, understandable terms. This skill, combined with a meticulous approach to case preparation, has produced significant verdicts, arbitration awards, and settlements for his clients.
Conor received his B.A. from Cornell University, where he was a member of the baseball team and a Dean’s List recipient, before graduating Cum Laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. While at Hastings, Conor developed and honed his trial advocacy skills. He competed and won awards in national mock trial tournaments as a member of the Hastings’ Intercollegiate Mock Trial Team. He completed numerous trial advocacy programs through the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. Prior to joining Walkup, Melodia, Conor served at the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office where he successfully tried multiple criminal cases to verdict.
A native of San Francisco, Conor is active in the Bay Area legal community. He regularly serves as an invited speaker at continuing legal education programs and volunteers as a mock trial advocacy coach. Conor is active in the American Association of Justice, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, and the Consumer Attorneys of California. He lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children.
Noteworthy Verdicts and Settlements
- Myrick v. Hansa, M.D. – Quadriplegia, $38,614,587 – Jury Verdict
- Retiree v. Trucking Company – Traumatic Brain Injury, $7,000,000 – Settlement
- Cody C. v. Western Recycling Co. – Trucking Accident, $6,500,000 – Settlement
- John S. v. Trenching Company – Severe Orthopedic Injuries, $6,000,000 – Settlement
- Kim v. Zarour – Multi-Vehicle Highway Collision, $5,483,776 – Jury Verdict
- Joseph G. v. Street Sweeper Inc. – Motorcycle Accident, $5,000,000 – Settlement
- Gavello v. Millman – Medical Negligence Wrongful Death, $3,977,830 – Jury Verdict
- Eberle v. Perry – Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, $3,500,000 – Settlement
- Belo v. Bally Hallinan Properties – Premises Liability, $3,000,000 – Jury Verdict
- In re: Yacht Capsize – Maritime Accident, $2,850,000 – Settlement
- Wyatt v. USA – Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, $2,250,000 – Settlement
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice, Member, 2008 – Present
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- California State Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteers as a Teacher, Lowell High School’s Mock Trial Program
- Volunteers, UC Hastings Mock Trial Program