Khaldoun A. Baghdadi
Khaldoun A. Baghdadi
Khaldoun Baghdadi has been with the firm for 20 years. In 2016, he was part of the trial team in the Pinnacle hip implant litigation trial which resulted in a total verdict in excess of $1 billion dollars.
He has dedicated his career to being a trial lawyer, helping people who need and deserve an advocate. He has served as lead trial counsel in cases throughout the State of California, on matters ranging from wrongful death, defective products, insurance disputes, medical negligence and public transit injuries. Khaldoun has also prosecuted medical device defect and class action claims in courtrooms around the country.
Since 2009, Khaldoun has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer®. In addition, Khaldoun is AV – Pre-Eminent rated by Martindale Hubbell, signifying the highest peer review mark for ethics and standards of practice. His AVVO professional rating is 10.0 – Superb, reflecting the highest rank available.
Khaldoun served an adjunct instructor teaching trial advocacy at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law. He also served as an adjunct professor at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. He has also served as an instructor on trial technique, deposition practice and lawyering skills for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
Active in the courtroom and the community, Khaldoun served the City of San Francisco by way of Mayoral appointment to the San Francisco Human Rights Commission. In 2006, he was elected chair of that body.
Khaldoun graduated cum laude from the University of California, Irvine, and obtained his law degree from UC Hastings College of the Law.
He lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children.
Noteworthy Verdicts and Settlements
• $1 billion dollar jury verdict for defective hip implant
• $ 9 million dollar medical negligence settlement
• $8.3 million dollar jury verdict for defective hip implant
• $7.8 million dollar personal injury settlement for defective medical device
• $7.3 million wrongful death jury verdict in an automobile collision
• $6.25 million wrongful death settlement in a vehicle/trailer rollover
• $4.5 million dollar personal injury settlement in an automobile collision
• $2.9 million wrongful death settlement for roof crush vehicle defect
• $2.6 million settlement for defective medical device
• $2.4 million medical negligence settlement
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Product Defect
- Police Misconduct
- Insurance Disputes
- Wrongful Death
- Defective Products
- Public Transit Injuries
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Honors: 1996 Pacific Regional Championship Moot Court Team
- Law Review: Hastings International and Comparative Law Review, Managing Editor
- University of California, Irvine, California – 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Apples and Oranges, the Supremacy Clause and the Determination of Self-Executing Treaties
- Detoy v. City and County of San Francisco
- Ard v. Bi-Bett Corporation
- Bennett v. City of Visalia
- Gu v. BMW
- Adjunct Professor of Moot Court, University of California, Hastings Campus
- Adjunct Professor, University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyer®, 2009
- AV – Pre-Eminent rated by Martindale Hubbell
- AVVO Professional Rating is 10.0 – Superb
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Human Rights Commission, Member and Chair
- Arab American Attorneys Association, Co-chair, Bay Area Chapter
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member