San Francisco Burn Injury Lawyers
A major (second-degree) or full-thickness (third-degree) burn injury is one of the most severe and traumatic injuries a person can suffer. The financial, mental and physical costs of recovering from a burn injury are substantial.
Burns can change your life in moments. Both second- and third-degree burns often require long-term hospitalization, skin grafting, rehabilitation and extensive psychological counseling to help overcome the mental trauma associated with a burn injury.
Statistics show that at least half of all burn injuries arise from preventable accidents. Although someone else’s negligence may have caused your accident, pinpointing who was at fault may require extensive investigation. You should turn to our trusted San Francisco accident attorneys for help finding answers.
Get One Of The Nation’s Leading Personal Injury Law Firms On Your Side
At the San Francisco law firm of Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have more than 50 years of experience handling burn injury cases. Our lawyers understand the diverse causes of burn injuries. We also understand their far-reaching medical, psychological and financial ramifications. Our team of award-winning personal injury lawyers includes a former physician with 20 years of medical experience. Few other law firms can parallel this extraordinary depth of cross-disciplinary knowledge.
As a concrete example of our success and determination, we won a record-setting $52 million jury verdict for victims of a propane explosion.
Our legacy of outstanding verdicts and settlements on behalf of injury victims ranks us among the top-tier personal injury firms nationwide.
Experience Spanning All Types Of Horrific Burn Injuries
When you or a family member has suffered burn injuries, who will cover the costs of extensive medical treatments and necessary surgeries? Our burn injury lawyers have the skill to investigate the case, determine the liable parties and file a lawsuit for damages. Our experience spans a broad range of burn cases, including:
- Building fires involving inadequate or nonexistent alarm systems, fire code violations and other forms of negligence
- Explosions involving industrial sites, propane tanks, flammable liquids, and volatile chemicals
- Defective products such as poorly designed gas tanks, faulty appliance wiring, and inadequate protective shielding
- Flammable liquids, especially when negligently handled, transported or stored
- Flammable clothing, which can contribute to significant burn injuries
- Smoke inhalation, which can inflict life-threatening damage on the lungs
- Chemical burns involving hazardous substances in the workplace or dangerous toxins in home cleaning products
- Electrocution resulting from bucket truck accidents, underground cable cuts, faulty wiring, and other oversights
Whatever caused your burn injury accident, we want to hear your story so we can begin building a case for the compensation your burn injuries require. Call (415) 889-2919 or contact us online to discuss your case. The initial consultation is free.
Burn Injury and Fire Prevention Resources:
In addition to legal services, these national foundations work to help end future burn injuries and teach fire prevention:
- The American Burn Association
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The National Fire Protection Association
- The U.S. Fire Administration
- The Children’s Burn Foundation
- The Burn Institute
- The Firefighters Quest for Burn Survivors
Examples Of Successful Representation In Burn Injury Cases
Propane Explosion Causing Wrongful Death & Personal Injury – $52,473,000 Verdict
Utility Worker Burned By High-Voltage Electrical Wires – $7 Million Settlement
Sisters Burned In Van Vs. Auto Collision – Multimillion-Dollar Settlement
Summer Home Fire — $3.3 Million Settlement
Propane Gas Explosion – Third-Degree Burns And Wrongful Death — $5 Million Settlement
High School Student Burned In Metal Shop – Cash And Annuity Settlement Achieved
Mother Burned By Fuel-Fed Vehicle Fire – Confidential Seven-Figure Settlement
Fatal Hot Tub Burns – $2.5 Million Wrongful Death Settlement
Chemical Burns To Scalp – Multimillion-Dollar Settlement
Rented Mobile Home Fire – Confidential Settlement
*Click on the individual result to see details regarding the case.
Call Us For A Free Burn Injury Lawsuit Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, call us at (415) 889-2919 or contact us online. The legal team at Walkup law firm handles burn injury cases throughout San Francisco, including South of Market, Pacific Heights, Union Park, and the Mission District.