San Francisco Stairway Collapse Attorney
The last thing anyone should have to worry about is that they will sustain a serious injury caused by a stairway collapse. However, a stairway collapse incident can cause serious injuries. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a San Francisco stairway collapse lawyer. Our team will thoroughly investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you need.
Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for This Case
If you have sustained an injury in a stairway collapse incident, turn to a trusted and experienced attorney for help. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to stand by your side.
- We have been helping personal injury victims in San Francisco from one to 60 years, and our lawyers are among the most awarded in Northern California.
- Our lawyers are prepared to take your case to trial if you are not being treated fairly by property owners or insurance carriers.
- We take all San Francisco stairway collapse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we will not collect any legal fees from our clients until we secure the compensation they deserve.
How Do Stairway Collapses Happen?
At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we know that stairway collapses occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of these incidences include the following:
- Design flaws
- Improper balance of stairs
- Improperly secured stairs
- Failure to follow state building codes
- The use of weak materials for the stairs
- Improper stair installation
- Failure to inspect and maintain eroding, rusting, or running stairs
Who Will Be Held Liable in San Francisco Stairway Collapse Cases?
In most stairway collapse cases, it is likely that the careless or negligent actions of a property owner or operator played a role in the incident. All property owners have a duty to ensure that their property is free from known hazards. Liability for a stairway collapse case could also fall onto the construction and maintenance workers responsible for the stairway. During the course of a premises liability investigation, your attorney may discover that multiple parties are liable for a stairway collapse.
It is important to realize that California has a statute of limitations (time limit) in place for personal injury claims. Victims of a stairway collapse incident have two years from the date the accident occurs to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent party.
What Kind of Compensation Is Available for Stairway Collapses?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a stairway collapse, you may be entitled to various types of compensation for your claim. Our San Francisco accident lawyers Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have extensive experience handling these cases, and we will work to secure the following on your behalf:
- Cost of all medical bills related to the stairway collapse injuries
- Recovery of income lost if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent property owner
We have extensive experience helping victims recover compensation for personal injury cases and slip and fall incidents. This includes a $2.1 million premises liability office building fall case. When you need a San Francisco stairway collapse attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.