Nursing home abuse is abhorrent. No elderly person residing in a nursing home or other type of long-term care facility should ever have to worry about being abused by their caretakers. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are standing by to help if you need a Fremont nursing home abuse attorney. If you suspect that your loved one has been harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of a nursing home staff member, we are standing by to investigate every aspect of your case. Our goal is to obtain justice and compensation on behalf of your loved one.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for Your Case?
If you suspect your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, turn to a team with trusted experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help.
- The team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger has been helping injury victims and their families for more than six decades.
- Our attorneys have obtained countless million-dollar verdicts on behalf of injury victims, and we have helped shape personal injury law in California.
- We take Fremont nursing home abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
What Will an Attorney Do to Help Your Case?
An attorney is going to be vital for a nursing home abuse case in Fremont. A lawyer will bring legal expertise and resources necessary to:
- Work with law enforcement and conduct a complete investigation into the nursing home abuse in order to determine liability.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to help evaluate the nursing home abuse victim and properly determine their cause of injury or illness.
- Vigorously negotiate with every party involved to obtain full compensation for the losses your loved one has incurred.
What Types of Nursing Home Abuse Occur in the Fremont Area?
Data available from the National Council on Aging shows us that approximately people over the age of 60 have experienced some form of elder abuse. Unfortunately, only around one out of every 14 cases of elder abuse is actually reported to authorities.
Some of the most common types of abuse that our Fremont personal injury attorneys help clients with include the following:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional and psychological abuse
- Passive neglect
- Financial exploitation
What Kind of Compensation Is Available for These Claims?
Victims of nursing home abuse in Fremont may be entitled to various types of compensation for their losses. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we will work to help victims recover the following:
- Any compensation for medical expenses caused by the abuse
- Compensation for relocation to a new facility
- Reimbursement for the cost to live at the current facility
- Compensation for any necessary emotional or psychological counseling
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the nursing home
Call Us for a Free Consultation Today
If you suspect that a loved one has been abused inside of a nursing home in Fremont, contact the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for help with your case today. We have extensive experience handling these cases, and we can use our resources to investigate what happened. Let us secure the compensation enclosure your loved one deserves. When you need a Fremont nursing home abuse lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 981-7210.