Experienced Dog Bite Lawyers in Marin County, CA
Dog bites are almost always unexpected and can cause serious injuries to victims. If you or a loved one have been bitten due to the negligent or careless actions of a dog owner, please seek legal assistance today. At the law offices of Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are ready to get to work on your behalf. A Marin County dog bite attorney at our law firm will investigate what happened and work to secure the compensation you need for your dog attack-related injuries.
Our legal team has more than 60 years of personal injury experience to bring to your side. We have shaped personal injury law in this state, and we understand what it takes to win. A fair settlement will cover your current and future medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us today for a free consultation with a dog bite lawyer.
- We have represented clients in both federal and state courts and recovered millions of dollars in settlements.
- We have experience in front of arbitration boards and settlement negotiations, but we will not settle for less than what you truly deserve. We will take your cases to trial if necessary.
Do You Need a Marin County Dog Bite Lawyer?
A Marin County personal injury attorney will be your advocate throughout this process and will help in several ways:
- Handle all communication between you and the other parties (insurers, negligent parties, etc.)
- Gather all evidence necessary to establish grounds for your claim
- Collect all of your medical records related to the incident and have them evaluated by a trusted healthcare professional.
- Calculate all of the damages you have suffered as a result of the dog bite.
- Present and negotiate a fair amount that reflects the damages you have sustained.
Dog Attack Statistics
Did you know that there are approximately 4.5 million dog bites each year in the U.S., according to the Canine Journal? Granted, most of those bites do not require serious medical attention, but the CDC says that around 800,000 people seek treatment in the hospital each year due to dog bites.
The most common injuries we see in dog bite cases include:
- Severe damage to a person’s soft tissue
- Ligament and muscle damage
- Damage to veins and arteries
- Severe disfigurement
- Finger amputations
In many cases, dog bite victims require surgery in order to restore appearance and functionality to the affected area. According to a new report by State Farm and the Insurance Information Institute, California is the leading state concerning dog bites in the U.S.
These injuries are often the result of a dog owner’s careless or negligent actions. In these cases, dog owners should be held accountable and bite victims should receive fair compensation.
Contact Our Marin County Dog Bite Lawyers
If you or someone you love has been bitten and injured by a dog, you may need to seek legal assistance. At the law offices of Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are ready to get to work for you today. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the animal attack
- Lost wages and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the dog’s owner
When you need a California dog bite attorney, you can contact us online for a free initial consultation to review your legal options or call (415) 981-7210. We serve Marin County, San Rafael, and the San Francisco Bay Area.