Skilled Truck Accident Lawyers in Marin County, CA
If you or someone you care about has been injured due to the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, you may be entitled to compensation. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Marin County truck accident lawyers are ready to step in and investigate what happened in your case. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive truck companies or insurance carriers.
You Can Trust Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger
For more than six decades, the personal injury attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger have been helping injury victims in this area.
- We have helped to establish new laws and used personal injury litigation to compel companies to improve their safety standards.
- Our attorneys have helped secure millions of dollars in financial compensation for injured clients.
- We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will face no upfront costs for your case and you will not owe us any legal fees until we recover the compensation you deserve for your case.
What Will An Attorney Do for This Case?
Truck accident cases can become incredibly complex, particularly due to how many parties may be involved. Your attorney will be responsible for obtaining all evidence related to the accident, including accident reports, eyewitness statements, photo and video surveillance of the incident, and more. They will also be responsible for evaluating your total losses due to the crash.
When your attorney has the evidence necessary to prove the defendant’s liability, they will negotiate with insurance carriers and legal teams to obtain a settlement that covers all of your truck accident injuries. If necessary, your attorney will prepare your case for trial if the defendant refuses to offer a fair settlement.
Truck Accidents Lead to Devastating Injuries
Large commercial trucks are abundant on California roadways. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), these vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. Crashes with these vehicles often lead to devastating injuries such as the following:
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
During the latest reporting year in this country, the FMCSA states that there were around 148,000 injuries and over 4,700 fatalities due to incidents with large trucks.
There are often various parties they can be held liable for these incidents, including the:
- Truck driver
- Truck company
- Manufacturer of the truck
- Manufacturers of individual truck parts
- Maintenance company responsible for the vehicle
- Company leasing the truck
- Company paying to haul the cargo
Contact a Marin County Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you were somebody you love has been injured in a truck accident, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our qualified and experienced team is ready to investigate the accident in order to secure the compensation you deserve, which can include:
- All of your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work while you recover
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the driver or company
When you need a Marin County truck accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (415) 981-7210.