Oakland Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
You should be able to trust nursing homes and their staff members take care of your loved one. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse is not uncommon in and around the Oakland area. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are standing by to help when you need an Oakland nursing home abuse attorney by your side. If you suspect that your loved one has been abused, we will not hesitate to investigate your claim. Our goal is to obtain justice, compensation, and closure for your loved one and your family in these cases.
Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for Help With Your Nursing Home Abuse Case
If your loved one has faced abuse in a nursing home, turn to a team with trusted experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is standing by to help.
- We have more than six decades of legal experience already to bring to your side for an Oakland nursing home abuse case.
- We have more million-dollar verdicts in settlements than any other firm in the Bay Area.
- We take Oakland nursing home abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients and their families will not worry about legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
What Will an Attorney Do for Your Nursing Home Abuse Case?
You should never try to tackle a nursing home abuse case on your own. These lawsuits can become very complicated, but an Oakland personal injury attorney will have the resources necessary to:
- Work with law enforcement officials and state regulatory agencies to obtain any evidence necessary to prove liability.
- Enlist the assistance of trusted medical professionals to evaluate the abuse victim and determine the cause of their injury or illness.
- Handle all negotiations with other parties involved in an effort to reach a fair out-of-court settlement while also preparing to take the case to trial if necessary.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse in Oakland
At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Oakland nursing home abuse lawyers understand that this type of abuse occurs in various ways. We regularly help families of victims who have sustained the following:
- Various types of physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial exploitation
- Willful neglect of necessities
- Passive neglect of necessities
- Emotional and psychological abuse
Did you know that the National Council on Aging estimates that as many as five million elderly Americans are abused each year? Nearly one out of every ten people over the age of 60 have experienced some form of elder abuse, and this abuse often occurs in nursing homes.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Abuse
There are various signs and symptoms of nursing home abuse that loved ones need to be aware of. The most common of these include the following:
- Any unexplained cuts, bruises, broken bones, skin tears, etc.
- Any bruising around the genital, buttocks, or breast area
- Recurrent or unexplained infections
- Bedsores that are not being treated
Family members should also be on the lookout for behavioral changes in their loved one. This can include:
- Newfound depression or anxiety
- Fearfulness around certain staff members
- Unwillingness to eat or drink
- Rapid or unexplained mood swings
Call Us for a Free Consultation Immediately
If you suspect that your loved one has suffered from some sort of abuse while residing in a nursing home in Oakland, contact Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for help with your case today. We pledge to use our resources to investigate your case and get to the bottom of what happened. Let us help secure the justice and compensation your loved one deserves. When you need an Oakland nursing home abuse lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.