Car accidents can lead to significant injuries and tremendous expenses for victims in and around our area. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are ready to help when you need a Palo Alto car accident attorney. We will investigate what happened in your case in order to secure full compensation for your injury and property damage expenses.
Palo Alto Car Accident Resources & FAQs
- Why Choose Us to Help With Your Palo Alto Car Accident Case?
- Understanding Car Accidents in Palo Alto
- How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Palo Alto?
- How Much Compensation is Available After a Car Accident?
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger to help with this?
After sustaining an injury in a car accident, you need an attorney with extensive experience standing up to insurers. Let Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger help you today.
- Our attorneys are amongst the most successful personal injury lawyers in the country and have secured more than one billion dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients.
- We have a success rate of over 98% for personal injury cases, and we are not afraid to take car accident claims to trial if necessary.
- We understand that car accident victims struggle with finances after a crash, which is why we take Palo Alto car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means we collect no legal fees until after we secure the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Car Accidents in Palo Alto
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), there were more than 272,000 total traffic crash injuries during the latest reporting year across the state. While most car accident injuries are relatively minor, we know that even minor injuries can lead to major medical bills. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Palo Alto car accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Severe lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Each of these injuries can lead to temporary or permanent disabilities for victims. We also work with many car accident injury victims who have sustained significant emotional and psychological trauma as a result of their injuries.
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
The time limit that victims have to file personal injury claims against alleged negligent parties after a car accident is defined by the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1. The law states that Palo Alto car accident injury victims have two years from the date the accident occurs to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent party. Failure to file a claim within this two-year window will likely result in the victim being unable to recover any compensation for their losses.
How Much Compensation is Available?
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a car accident caused by the negligent actions of another driver, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The total amount of damages awarded for a car accident claim will vary depending on the particular facts of the case, but the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger will work to secure the following:
- Compensation for your crash-related medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work while recovering
- Coverage of property damage losses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against any grossly negligent party
We have extensive experience helping clients recover compensation in the aftermath of these incidents, including a $4.5 million settlement after a child sustained a brain injury in a car accident and a $3 million settlement for vehicle collision caused by a highway defect. If you need a Palo Alto car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 981-7210. We also serve car accident victims in Sacramento.