ClickCease Palo Alto Wrongful Death Lawyer | CA | Free Consultation

Palo Alto Wrongful Death Attorney

Losing a loved one is an incredibly difficult experience for anybody. This is especially true when a family member is killed due to the negligent or careless actions of another person, company, or entity. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help if you need a Palo Alto wrongful death lawyer. Let our compassionate and experienced team investigate your case so we can secure the closure and compensation you deserve.

Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger to help

After losing a loved one due to the negligence of someone else, you need a compassionate and experienced attorney by your side. Turn to Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger today.

  • Our attorneys have extensive resources that can be brought to your case to conduct a thorough investigation into all wrongful death claims.
  • We have no problem taking a case to trial if that is what it takes to secure maximum compensation for your claim.
  • Our Palo Alto wrongful death attorneys have been helping families in this area for nearly 60 years.

We understand that families who have lost a loved one are often placed in difficult financial situations. That is why we charge no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for these cases. Our clients will only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they need after their loss. We think that this contingency fee arrangement ensures that everyone has the ability to stand up to negligent individuals and companies.

Who can file for wrongful death in Palo Alto?

At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have helped families file Fremont wrongful death claims after losing a loved one due to the following:

  • Premises liability
  • Defective or dangerous products
  • Work accidents
  • Construction accidents
  • Defective machinery
  • Medical malpractice
  • Fatal auto accidents
  • and more

Under California’s Code of Civil Procedure 377.60, the following family members (or their personal representatives) are allowed to file a wrongful death claim:

  • Spouses or domestic partners of the deceased
  • Children of the deceased
  • Grandchildren of the deceased (if the deceased’s children are also deceased)
  • Stepchildren who were dependent on the deceased
  • Anyone else who would be entitled to the deceased’s property (based on California intestate succession laws)

What is the statute of limitations for a wrongful death claim?

California places a two-year statute of limitations on wrongful death and survival actions, and this two-year time frame begins from the date of death. Family members of those who have been wrongfully killed must file their claims as soon as possible in order to ensure they recover the compensation they deserve. Failing to file a claim against an alleged negligent party within this two-year window will likely result in family members being unable to recover any compensation for their losses.

How much compensation is available for these cases?

If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or careless actions of another person or entity, we know that no amount of compensation will make the pain of your loss go away. However, the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger will work to secure compensation to help you gain some closure. We are regularly able to help family member secure the following in these claims:

  • Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
  • Cost of pre-death medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering damages
  • Loss of companionship damages
  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Possible punitive damages against those responsible

We have a track record of success with these cases and have secured millions of dollars in compensation for families. This includes a $2.25 million settlement for the parents of a child who drowned due to the negligence of a municipality and a $2 million settlement after a construction worker died after a fall at the job site. When you need a Palo Alto wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 899-2919.