Pedestrian accidents often result in severe injuries for victims. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are standing by to help if you need a San Jose pedestrian accident attorney by your side. If another person was responsible for the pedestrian accident that caused your injuries, we will work to secure full compensation on your behalf. We have no problem standing up to aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties to ensure you are treated fairly.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
If you have sustained a severe pedestrian accident injury, turn to an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help you today.
- Our San Jose pedestrian accident attorneys have been helping injury victims in this area for more than 60 years, and we are one of the most successful personal injury firms in the country.
- Our attorneys have no problem taking your case all the way to trial if that is what is necessary to secure full compensation.
- We take San Jose pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
How Will an Attorney Help in a Pedestrian Case?
A pedestrian accident lawyer is going to be an invaluable resource if you have been injured in the San Jose area. Unlike the injury victim, an attorney is going to have the resources necessary to pursue every aspect of your case. A pedestrian accident lawyer can:
- Gather any unobtained evidence necessary to prove liability in the case. This can include video surveillance, eyewitness statements, accident reports, and more.
- Obtain and review any insurance policies related to the case and ensure that you receive the maximum amount allowable under the policy.
- Craft any demand letters that need to be sent to insurance carriers in an effort to resolve the case without going to trial.
- Fully prepare the pedestrian accident case to be seen in front of a jury if the insurance carriers refuse to offer a fair settlement.
Pedestrian Accident Causes and Lawsuit Deadlines
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, we can see that there were more than 14,000 total pedestrian accident injuries across the state during the latest reporting here. Our San Jose pedestrian accident lawyers regularly find that these incidents occur due to:
- Drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Driver distracted by phones or other devices
- Drivers failing to follow traffic laws
- Drivers failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Faulty traffic signals or pedestrian cross signals
Pedestrian accident victims in San Jose have two years from the date the accident occurs to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent party. Failing to file a lawsuit within the California statute of limitations deadline will result in a victim being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
What Kind of Compensation Can Victims Receive?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, speak to an attorney at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for help with your case today. Our team is regularly able to help clients recover the following types of compensation for their losses:
- Compensation for their medical expenses
- Lost income if they cannot work while they recover
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses they incur
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
When you need a San Jose pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.