We Are Trustworthy San Jose Car Accident Lawyers
The San Jose car accident lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger have the history, testimonials, and awards to prove that we’re a trusted firm in California. We have more than 60 years of securing seven- and eight-figure results for our clients. Our lead attorneys are some of the most experienced legal professionals in the state, with thousands of successful cases negotiated and tried amongst them. Our law firm has a five-star Google rating, five-star Yelp rating, and earned a BestLawyers’ Best Law Firm distinction in 2015.
Car accident victims trust us with their cases because we have the history to prove our dedication to success. Our clients win their cases – plain and simple. Our personal injury lawyers use negotiation best practices, proven legal strategies, and aggressive trial tactics to demonstrate our clients’ damages and seek full compensation. Perhaps even more important than our stellar results, however, is the fact that our clients like us. Testimonials about our services state that our firm focuses on personal care, professionalism, attentiveness, compassion, affordable fees, and top results. We have everything you’re looking for in a trustworthy San Jose car accident firm and more.
What to Ask During Your Free San Jose Car Accident Case Consultation
A free legal review of your San Jose car accident the case serves to inform you of your rights and options. The car accident lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger offer no-cost consultations for the sole purpose of helping crash victims. Our San Jose car accident attorneys understand this is a difficult and confusing time for you and your family. Amid personal injuries, medical bills, and calls from insurance agents, we hope a free case evaluation can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Get the most benefit from your consultation by asking the following questions:
- Do you have experience handling cases like mine? Only trust a law firm that has direct experience with car accident claims like yours. You don’t want to hire a lawyer, for example, who only has experience handling minor injuries if you suffered a catastrophic spinal cord injury. Experience is vital to the success of your claim. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger has this experience.
- What do your results look like? Investigate the firm’s past car accident case results to see how they stack up to your expectations. Although each claim will have a different value according to the circumstances, siding with a firm that has proven settlement and judgment amounts can give you confidence in your attorney.
- Can I get help paying my medical bills? Ask your lawyer what his/her strategy is for helping you pay for past and ongoing medical costs. Your attorney should have the power to help you pay for current bills, as well as recover full compensation for your accident-related medical costs in the future.
- How do you charge? Always ask how the law firm charges for its services. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger has a contingency-fee option, in which you only pay if you win your case. That way, you never pay for legal services out of pocket. By-the-hour personal injury attorneys may end up costing much more than flat-fee lawyers.
- What are my odds of compensation? After describing your accident and the impact it has had on your life, your lawyer should be able to give you an accurate idea of whether you have grounds for a personal injury claim – and if so, what your odds are of success. Ask your attorney if he or she believes you have the elements of a successful case, as well as what he/she thinks the estimated value of your claim could be.
The San Jose car accident lawyer conducting your consultation should give you the freedom to ask any questions or voice any concerns that may come to you during your meeting. After all, the consultation is for your benefit – no one else’s. It is your time to get the answers you need to inform your next move. Ask about your legal rights, whether you have the elements of a personal injury claim, how you should deal with insurance companies, and what to do next. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, there’s no limit to what you can ask during a free consultation.
Traffic Congestion and Motor Vehicle Collisions (MVC) in San Jose
According to the 2017 TomTom (GPS system) Traffic Index, San Jose ranks as the 65th most congested city in the world. State route 101, I-680, and I-280 represent some of the worst routes in the entire Bay Area, and back roads aren’t much better. The most recent San Jose Police Department data show a progressive increase in traffic fatalities over the period from 2010 to 2015, with 60 fatalities in 2015.
News reports emerge almost daily of new fatalities, rush hour wrecks, and distracted driving accidents. Anyone who travels by car in San Jose could wind up in a serious or deadly motor vehicle collision on any given day. Knowing who to call when an accident takes place could profoundly change your recovery outlook. Call the Sacramento car accident attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger at (415) 889-2919 for a case evaluation at any time of day.
Why Hire a San Jose Car Accident Lawyer From Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
On your journey to car accident damage recovery, choosing your San Jose car accident attorney is a significant step. Selecting the perfect lawyer can make a big difference not only to the outcome of your case but to your entire legal experience. A great personal injury lawyer can make you feel safe, secure, and positive about your future. He or she can also take care of the legwork of your claim, removing the burden from your shoulders while you focus on your health and wellness. It’s important to find the right lawyer for the best possible claim experience, results, and personal future.
Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is an award-winning firm in San Jose with a reputation of excellence. Our work in the community has helped hundreds of car accident victims reclaim their lives after serious, disabling crashes. We have decades of experience litigating simple to highly complex car accident claims throughout California – with consistently outstanding results. We will do the best we can to obtain the compensation we believe you deserve. Come to us for assistance if you’ve suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in a San Jose car accident.
Don’t litigate your car accident claim alone. Hiring one of our attorneys can give you the knowledge, resources, and experience you need for a stronger case. Whether your crash involves a distracted driver or an unsafe roadway in San Jose, we can optimize your odds of significant financial recovery. Our team is your source for strong, innovative litigators who will fight on your behalf. To learn more about how one of our attorneys can transform your case for the better, contact us today for a free consultation.
Who is Liable for a Car Accident in San Jose?
California has a common “at fault” system for car accident insurance claims. In other words, a driver must be found primarily responsible for an accident before that driver’s insurance provides compensation.
When it comes to legal liability, the general idea is the same, but distributing compensation may be a little different. California follows a pure comparative negligence law, in which damages are rewarded depending on the percentage of fault. For example, if one driver is found 90% at fault, they may be responsible for only 90% of the damages.
Injury accident cases where the fault isn’t clearly defined can be a complicated scenario. The San Jose personal injury lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger have the experience and insight to deal with these situations promptly and in a professional manner. Contact them today for a free consultation and gain peace of mind in a time of need.
What Are My Steps to Follow After a Car Accident?
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of death and injury in the United States and California. As such, these accidents also make up a substantial portion of California’s personal injury and wrongful death claims. While every car accident is unique, the process of filing a claim is similar. Here’s what you can expect from an attorney following a car accident:
- A thorough investigation into your accident. Your personal injury attorney will serve as your advocate throughout the process. He or she will investigate the accident by requesting surveillance camera footage, reviewing police reports, and talking to witnesses. Unlike an insurance company, a personal injury attorney will make your best interests the top priority.
- An aggressive negotiator. Insurance companies are in the business of making a profit, which means they try to pay out as little on a claim as possible. Often, insurance companies take advantage of a victim’s lack of knowledge about a claim’s value and will offer far less than what your claim is worth. An attorney will negotiate on your behalf to gain fair compensation for your injuries.
- A representative in court. In some cases, insurance companies still will not offer a fair settlement for your injuries. Should this occur, a personal injury attorney can take your case to trial and demand fair compensation from a jury. Should litigation become necessary, choose a court-tested firm like Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger.
For some minor accidents involving property damage only, it might not be necessary to retain the services of an attorney. Keep in mind, however, that consultations are always free. If you’re ever in doubt, schedule a free review of your legal options and let us provide further guidance in your case.
In general, the more extensive your injuries, the more you will benefit from having a personal injury attorney. Consider, for example, that certain injuries like brain and spinal cord injuries require specialized and lifelong medical care. If your loved one suffered this type of grievous injury, you will require compensation not only for your past medical expenses, but any future medical care. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you determine exactly what your claim is worth; not only in terms of current expenses but what you can expect to accrue in the future.
Traffic Cameras and Car Accidents in San Jose
Santa Clara County has installed dozens of live traffic cameras, and San Jose recently approved a program to install streetlamp cameras in targeted areas. If you experience a car accident in the county, look for traffic cameras as you record the accident scene. The ability to clarify the events of an accident with a recording can significantly strengthen any car accident claim.
In a fatal car accident case in Florida involving tennis star Venus Williams, a nearby security tape proved that the tennis player was following the rules of the road at the time of the accident. Our San Jose car accident attorneys routinely use accident recordings to demonstrate fault or lack thereof in accident claims.
Explore Our San Jose Car Accident Practice
Our firm represents San Jose accident victims in all types of car accident claims. We help clients file claims and personal injury lawsuits against at-fault drivers and, in certain cases, their employers. Our attorneys support hit-and-run accident victims who file claims against personal auto insurance policies. The firm has experience handling accidents involving drunk driving, drugged driving, speeding, reckless endangerment, road rage, distractions, and auto defects.
In our decades of practice in the Bay Area, we have secured some of the highest verdicts and settlements in Northern California. For example, we:
- Obtained an $8.8 million jury verdict in an accident that resulted in our client’s serious brain injury
- Negotiated a $7 million settlement in a case involving a reckless highway merge and 18-wheeler rollover
- Secured a $3 million settlement in a case involving a highway defect-caused accident.
Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger handles each case with the same level of diligence and care. Our seasoned firm relies on local accident experts and state-of-the-art legal resources to prepare each case for settlement or trial. We will calculate and pursue fair and full compensation on your behalf.
If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries in a San Jose car accident, the actions you take next are important. Delaying medical care, talking to the wrong people, and failing to hire a trusted personal injury attorney could hurt the odds of securing compensation for your damages. Taking the appropriate steps, on the other hand, can preserve your rights and improve your changes of a successful claim. The wisest way to act after a car accident is by contacting one of our local San Jose attorneys today.
Here at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have all the resources you need to secure top results for your car accident case. Our winning track record boasts unparalleled results for clients, including an $8.8 million verdict for an auto-accident-related brain injury, $7.36 million verdicts for a car accident wrongful death case, and a $7 million settlement for a commercial truck rollover accident. We achieve such outstanding results for car accident clients because we aren’t afraid to go to court in pursuit of maximum compensation.
The sooner you contact our personal injury firm, the sooner you can secure the recovery you need to move forward. No matter what types of personal injuries you or a family member sustained, we can help you fight for justice. Our kind, caring, and compassionate lawyers will put you first in all they do for your case. Let us help you fight distracted or negligent drivers, careless part manufacturers, the government, and/or other parties involved in your accident. Partner with us today to take your first steps toward compensation.