Marin County Premises Liability Lawyer
If you get hurt on someone else’s property due to the negligence or carelessness of the property owner, you should seek legal assistance now. You may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills and other expenses. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Marin County premises liability lawyers are ready to get to work investigating your case today. Our goal is to secure compensation for all of your injury-related expenses.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
When you come to our Marin County personal injury lawyers, you can count on being treated with dignity and respect. We have more than 60 years of experience ready to put to work on your case.
- We have represented clients in both federal and state court, giving us the experience necessary to take your case all the way to the end.
- We will negotiate vigorously on your behalf, but we will not hesitate to take your case to trial to get the compensation you deserve.
Do You Need a Marin County Premises Liability Attorney?
Premises liability cases can become complex. Not only will you be dealing with the negligent property owner, but also with their insurance provider and legal team. You need to have an advocate by your side. A premises liability attorney will:
- Handle all communications between you and the other parties involved.
- Gather all evidence related to your case, including surveillance footage, accident reports, property safety records, etc.
- Obtain your medical records and have them evaluated by a healthcare professional to determine the extent of your injuries.
- Properly calculate your total damages, including economic and non-economic losses.
- Negotiate settlement amounts with the other side and prepare your case for trial.
How Common Are Premises Liability Injuries?
Premises injuries happen in a variety of different ways. They can occur on:
- Private residence property
- Business property
- Government/public property
Property owners and their agents have a duty to protect the people who have the right to be there: invitees and licensees. Some of the most common premises liability cases include:
- Slip and fall incidents due to wet floor or sidewalk conditions, grease spills, leaks in a roof, etc.
- Tripping over low lying obstacles such as merchandise in store aisles, loose carpeting, cords on the ground, or tree roots.
- Being struck by objects in a store falling from shelves or displays.
- Falling down unsafe stairs that do not have adequate lighting or handrails.
- Stair or balcony collapses due to wood rot.
If you are injured on another person’s property, get medical treatment, document the scene and injuries with a camera, and report the incident to an employee. Remember, the statute of limitations to file most personal injury cases in California is two years from the date of the incident.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligent or careless actions of a property owner, please seek legal assistance immediately. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are going to get to work on your case immediately. We want to ensure you have coverage for the following:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the property owner
If you need a Marin County premises liability lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation at (415) 889-2919.