Sacramento Brain Injury Attorney
Victims who suffer from brain injuries face life-altering repercussions for both them and their families. Months and possibly even years of medical treatment, therapy, and rehabilitation may be required. If the negligence of another individual or a a company has caused you or a loved one to suffer a brain injury, contact the Sacramento brain injury attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger. We will evaluate your case for free and determine if your injuries entitle you to compensation.
Why Our Firm?
- Every brain injury case is handled on a contingency fee basis, we will cover any upfront costs and only when you are awarded compensation will we collect a fee.
- We will ensure that insurance companies treat you fairly and we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if needed.
- Our Sacramento personal injury lawyers have a success rate of over 98 percent and our injured clients have been awarded over $1 billion in total compensation.
Verdicts & Settlements
Our attorneys fight hard for our clients, which is evident by our winning record:
- $17M Jury Verdict: Mason G. v. Bell Sports Inc. – Product Liability Causing Brain Injury
- $12.2M Jury Verdict: Pedestrian Injured by Dangerous Roadway Causing Brain Injury
- $8.8M Jury Verdict: Auto Accident Causing Brain Injury
- $6.5M Settlement: Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) at Birth
- $6M Settlement: Delayed Cesarean Section/HIE Causing Birth Injury
- $5M Settlement: Child v. Doctor – Failure to Recognize Fetal Distress Causing HIE
- $4M Settlement: Cardiologist’s Failure to Diagnose Cardiomyopathy Causing Brain Injury
- $2.8M Settlement: Negligent Spinal Surgery Causing Brain Injury
Types of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries affect the brain’s ability to function and are commonly caused by sudden jolts or blows to the head which can damage brain tissue. They can be caused by a wide range of incidents, from a motorcycle accident in Sacramento, to a slip & fall accident at work. The extent of a brain injury can range from mild to severe, here are common types that occur:
Commonly occurs and considered to be a mild TBI. Symptoms can include: a loss of consciousness, confusion, disorientation, headache, nausea or vomiting.
A bruise (bleeding) on the brain as a result of a direct impact to a person’s head. The injury can cause swelling and a hematoma or clot, which is bleeding in the brain that collects. Surgical intervention may be necessary for large contusions.
Multiple contusions from a forceful impact that are located both at the site of impact as well as on the opposite side of the brain due to the brain moving and being slammed into the back of the skull.
When structures and nerve tissue throughout the brain tears due to shaking, a violent blow, or a strong rotation of the head, commonly seen in car accidents in Sacramento. Symptoms will vary based on the part of the brain that is affected. Temporary or permanent widespread brain damage may occur, coma, or even death.
A foreign object or a piece of bone enters through or from the skull, damaging the brain. Emergency medical care is needed. Symptoms will depend on severity, but can include: heavy bleeding from the head, Bleeding from the ears, seizures, issues with breathing, loss of bowel and bladder function, loss of feeling in the limbs or paralysis, loss of consciousness, and coma.
Do You Need a Brain Injury Lawyer?
Legal representation in a brain injury claim can be vital to getting the amount of compensation commensurate with the seriousness of the injury. Depending on its severity, a brain injury can impact every aspect of a victim’s life, including their ability to care for themselves, maintaining employment, their personal relationships, and social interactions. The injury may even leave a victim permanently disabled and unable to hold a job in the future. This can place a heavy financial burden on both the victim and their family, especially if a family member must care for them or if a professional must be hired to do so.
A brain injury lawyer advocating for you and your family will ensure that you receive the financial award you are owed, for:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage (if applicable)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Sacramento brain injury lawyers take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay legal fees if you win. Consequently, there is no risk in hiring an attorney, it will only strengthen your case and optimize your chance at a successful settlement or verdict.
Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger Will Fight for You
We understand the gravity of your situation. Our goal is to give you peace of mind, by knowing that all of your legal matters will be taken care of so that you may focus on your recovery. Call(415) 981-7210 and schedule a free consultation so you may discuss your case and legal options with a Sacramento brain injury attorney today.