Skilled Burn Injury Lawyers in Sacramento, CA
Burn injury victims can face devastating and lifelong consequences. The wounds may require multiple surgeries, hospital stays, and time off from work. Whether burns happen at home, in the workplace, due to a car accident in Sacramento, or a defective product, if the injury was due to negligence then you may have the right to seek compensation for your losses. If you or someone you love has suffered a burn injury due to another party’s negligent actions, discuss your legal options with a Sacramento burn injury lawyer at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly, & Schoenberger. Our team has decades of experience advocating for burn victims.
Why Choose Us
- Our Sacramento injury attorneys have a winning track record in court and have consistently delivered multimillion-dollar results for our clients.
- You won’t have to pay any legal fees upfront and will only pay us if we win your case, otherwise you won’t owe us a dime.
- We care about our client’s well-being and have a physician on staff to examine and testify to the extent of your injuries.
Types of Burn Injuries
The most common types of burn injuries that occur are:
Often caused by open flames, hot surfaces, and scalding hot liquids.
The skin rubs against a surface causing a burn, such as road rash from a Sacramento motorcycle accident.
Burns caused by energy discharges, such as from an electrical cord.
Caused by coming into contact with toxic or corrosive chemicals.
Commonly occur from sunlight and ultraviolet light, and can come from x-rays or radiation therapy.
Degrees of Burn Injuries
- First-degree burn: Superficial damage to skin’s outer layer, such as a sunburn.
- Second-degree burn: Outer layer and layer beneath damaged, possibly leaving a thick scar.
- Third-degree burn: All layers of skin destroyed, possibly requiring a skin graft.
- Fourth-degree burn: All layers of skin, muscle, fat, tendons, and bones typically damaged. Extensive skin grafts required and in the most severe cases, amputation.
Who is Liable for a Burn Injury?
When a burn injury is caused by negligence, the person or company responsible for causing the wound is liable to the victim for damages. For example, liability for a burn injury caused by a car accident would fall on the at-fault driver, an injury from a defective product would typically make the manufacturer responsible, or in the case of a workplace burn the employer may be liable, etc.
A large amount of financial stress can accompany a burn injury due to hospital bills, extended medical care, and the inability to work. Damages you may have the ability to recover, include:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Property Damage (if applicable)
- Pain and Suffering
An experienced burn injury attorney can evaluate your case, determine any liable parties, as well as how much your case is worth.
Speak to a Sacramento Burn Injury Attorney Today
At the law firm of Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have a highly recognized team of burn injury lawyers who fight for our clients and care about seeing them recover. Speak to on of our experienced lawyers today if you or a loved one is suffering from a burn injury. California only allows two years from the date of injury to pursue compensation for your losses. Have your case evaluated at no cost to you by calling (415) 981-7210 or filling out our online contact form.