Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or careless actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation. However, there are times when an insurer may step in and deny coverage by claiming there is insufficient evidence of any negligent actions. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are dedicated to helping families get through these situations. Our Sacramento wrongful death attorneys are ready to investigate and secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to get the legal advice you deserve.
Why Hire Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
When you were dealing with the loss of a loved one, you need to find Sacramento wrongful death lawyers you can trust both personally and professionally. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our compassionate and dedicated team has been helping people and these situations for more than six decades.
- Our law firm has secured millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of families suffering after losing a loved one.
- We will not hesitate to take your case to trial if an insurance company refused to offer a fair settlement for your case.
- We take wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay any legal fees until we recover the compensation your family deserves.
Why Do You Need an Attorney for This Case?
Wrongful death claims can become incredibly complex and involve an extensive investigation. A personal injury attorney will have the resources necessary to take on insurance companies or carriers. Your attorney will be responsible for:
- Obtaining all evidence necessary to prove the defendant’s liability in the case. This includes accident reports, video surveillance of the incident, eyewitness accounts, and more.
- Research the history of the defendant by obtaining safety history records, driving records, maintenance logs, etc.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf or take the case to trial if necessary.
How Do Wrongful Death Cases Arise?
Wrongful death cases arise in various ways in Sacramento. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we regularly handle cases arising in the following ways:
- Vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace incidents and construction accidents
- Defective products and drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Burn and fire injuries
In California, only specific people are allowed to file a wrongful death claim. Typically this is the decedent’s surviving family, including:
- A surviving spouse or domestic partner
- Any surviving children of the deceased person
- Any surviving family members (including parents and siblings)
- A personal representative
Under California law, the statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits is two years from the date of the person’s death. Because of this limited amount of time to file a case, surviving family members must consult with a skilled Sacramento wrongful death attorney as soon as possible.
We Are Ready to Work On Your Case Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, seek legal representation immediately. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are ready to help you secure the compensation and financial support you are entitled to, which can include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pre-death medical expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of consortium or companionship damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent entity or person
When you need a Sacramento wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (415) 889-2919. Our personal injury attorneys can hold the negligent party responsible for your loved one’s death while you focus on healing during this difficult time. We represent clients all throughout Northern California. Get in touch with our legal team in Sacramento today.