Sacramento Premises Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one are injured on another person’s property due to unsafe or dangerous conditions present, you may be entitled to compensation for your expenses. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, you can count on us to be by your side. Our Sacramento premises liability lawyers are going to get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure compensation for all of your injury-related expenses.
When you choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, you are choosing a team of Sacramento personal injury attorneys with more than six decades of experience to bring to your side.
- We have helped shape personal injury law in this state and will use our experience to secure the coverage you need.
- We will not settle for less than what you deserve in your case and are ready to go to trial if necessary.
- We have experience representing clients in both state and federal court, and we will not be intimidated by the other side.
What If I Get Hurt on Someone Else’s Property?
Premises liability cases are not easy. You will be dealing with multiple parties, including the property owner’s legal team and the insurance company. You are going to need someone on your side who will not back down. A Sacramento premises liability attorney will:
- Prepare every aspect of your case, beginning with gathering all evidence necessary to prove the other side’s negligence: surveillance footage, eyewitness accounts, property safety records, and more.
- Have your medical records reviewed by a healthcare professional to understand the full extent of your injuries.
- Work with experts to properly calculate your total damages.
- Negotiate with the other parties involved in an attempt to reach a fair settlement. If that fails, your attorney will prepare for a courtroom scenario.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability cases arise in various ways and can happen at private residences, government, or business property. Property owners have a duty to keep invitees and licensees safe. Some of the most common ways people get injured in these cases include:
- Slip and falls due to wet floors, oil or grease, drink spills
- Trip and falls over low lying obstacles
- Being struck by falling objects
- Falls from balcony or stair collapse due to rot
- Stairs lacking handrails or adequate lighting
- Trips over loose or frayed carpeting
- Assaults on a property that lacks property security
If you have been injured, there are some steps you can take:
- Seek medical assistance as soon as possible
- Document the injury and the scene with a camera
- Report the incident to an employee or property owner
- Remember that the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases to be filed in California is two years from the date of the injury
Do You Need a Sacramento Premises Liability Lawyer?
If the careless or negligent actions of a property owner have caused you or a loved one harm, please seek legal assistance today. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are going to take your case seriously and work to secure the compensation you truly deserve. This can include:
- Coverage for your current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- General household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the property owner
When you need a Sacramento premises liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation or by calling us at (415) 889-2919.