Victims of pedestrian accidents often suffer from severe physical injuries. If you somebody you care about has sustained a pedestrian accident injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, turn to Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for help today. Our San Mateo pedestrian accident attorneys have extensive experience helping clients prove liability and secure compensation for these cases. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers in order to ensure our clients are treated fairly.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining a severe pedestrian accident injury, you need to turn to an attorney with trusted experience with these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to get to work.
- Our San Mateo pedestrian accident attorneys have been helping families in this area for more than six decades.
- We have recovered more than $1 billion on behalf of our clients and their families in personal injury cases in California.
- We take San Mateo pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
What Will an Attorney Do to Help?
Unfortunately, most pedestrian accident victims will not have the resources necessary to fully investigate their case and obtain maximum compensation. However, a San Jose pedestrian accident lawyer can:
- Ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can help calculate their total expected losses.
- Gather any video surveillance, accident reports, statements from eyewitnesses, and more to help prove liability for the case.
- Negotiate with every party involved, including aggressive insurance carriers, to attempt to reach a fair settlement for their client without going to trial.
- Fully prepare the San Mateo pedestrian accident case to be heard in front of a jury if necessary to ensure the client is treated fairly.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries and Deadlines
Pedestrian accidents often result in severe injuries for victims. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were more than 14,000 total pedestrian accident injuries during the latest reporting year across the state. Our San Mateo pedestrian accident attorneys regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries in these incidents:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Puncture wounds or lacerations
- Amputations or crush injuries
It is important for victims in these cases to understand that the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California is two years from the day the injury occurs. Failing to file these cases within this two-year window will result in the victim being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
What Kind of Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you love has sustained a pedestrian accident injury caused by the negligence of another party, contact the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger today. Our attorneys are regularly able to help clients secure a range of types of compensation for their losses. This includes:
- Full coverage of accident-related medical bills
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while recovering
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
If you need a San Mateo pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.