Hayward Personal Injury Lawyer
Injuries can lead to victims sustaining temporary or permanent disabilities, and they can cause tremendous financial instability. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligence of another person, let Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger help you today. Our Hayward personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim in order to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining a serious injury caused by another person, you need an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases in the Hayward area. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into every personal injury case that we take.
- Our attorneys have an unmatched record of multimillion-dollar results, and we are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary to obtain maximum compensation.
- We have a full-time physician on staff to help us understand your medical issues and help prove your injuries in court.
Because we know that many personal injury victims are dealing with a difficult financial situation, we take Hayward personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay no legal fees until after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
Personal injury cases arise in various ways in Hayward
At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our team helps those who have sustained injuries in a variety of ways. This includes:
- Car accidents
- Commercial trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Dog bite incidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Property owner negligence cases
- Birth injuries/cerebral palsy
This is not an all-inclusive list, and we are able to help injury victims after a variety of other types of incidents. Contact our Hayward personal injury lawyers today so we can get started helping with your case. We regularly assist those who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations and puncture wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Whiplash injuries
- and more
How long do victims have to file a claim?
Every state is responsible for setting a time limit on how long victims have to file claims against alleged negligent parties after sustaining an injury. Per California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, the statute of limitations for these claims in California is two years from the date the injury occurs. Failure to file a claim within this two-year window will likely result in a victim losing the ability to recover any compensation for their losses.
What kind of compensation is available in these cases?
Anybody who has been injured due to the negligence of another person should be entitled to various types of compensation. While the total amount of damages awarded in these cases will vary depending on various facts surrounding the incident, the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger regularly helps victims secure the following:
- All medical bills related to their injuries
- Any income you lost if a victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
We have a track record of success recovering compensation for personal injury claims, including a $3 million settlement for a dangerous property condition case and a $7 million settlement for a utility pole explosion case. If you need a Hayward personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 899-2919.