Losing somebody you love is never easy. This is especially true if your loved one lost their life due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our compassionate and experienced team is here to help when you need a Hayward wrongful death lawyer. We will conduct a full investigation into your case in order to secure the compensation you and your family are entitled to. We strive to provide closure for grieving families, so let us help you get through this today.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After going through an unimaginable loss, you need to turn to the trusted and experienced team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger to help you gain closure and compensation.
- We are going to bring more than six decades of experience and an extensive track record of success to your side.
- Our team has secured numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our Hayward personal injury and wrongful death client.
- We take Hayward wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we will not charge any legal fees until after we secure the compensation you and your family are entitled to.
How Will an Attorney Help Your Claim?
California wrongful death and survival action cases are very difficult for families to handle on their own. However, a Hayward wrongful death attorney will have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of the case for you. This includes:
- Conducting a complete investigation into the incident to determine liability. This means gathering statements from eyewitnesses to the incident, accident reports, video or photo surveillance, and more.
- Working with financial and economic experts to properly calculate the total expected losses your family will incur.
- Negotiate with aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties to obtain full compensation for your losses.
- Take your wrongful death case to trial if necessary to ensure your family is treated fairly.
Who Can File a Hayward Wrongful Death Claim?
When we turn to California Code of Civil Procedure 377.60, we can see that the law allows the following family members (or their personal representatives) to bring a civil wrongful death claim in court:
- Surviving spouses
- Domestic partners
- Grandchildren (if the deceased’s children are deceased)
- Oher minor children, including stepchildren, who were dependent on the deceased for at least 50% of their support
- Any other party that would be entitled to the property of the deceased through California intestate succession laws
Types of Compensation Available for a Hayward Wrongful Death Claim
There may be various types of compensation available to family members who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of another. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Hayward personal injury lawyers are regularly able to help clients recover the following:
- The financial support the deceased would have contributed during their lifetime
- Loss of gifts or benefits the heirs of the deceased could have expected to receive
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Value of household services the deceased would have provided
- Various non-economic damages, including the loss of companionship, protection, affection, guidance, etc.
- Loss of consortium damages for a spouse
Call Our Compassionate Team for a Free Consultation Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless actions of another person or entity, contact the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger today. Our goal is to secure full compensation for your losses, and we are not afraid to take on aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties. When you need a Hayward wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 981-7210.