Hayward Truck Accident Lawyer
Large commercial trucks cross the roadways in and around Hayward daily. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company cause significant injuries to those in our area. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here when you need a Hayward truck accident attorney. Let us investigate your claim and work to secure any compensation you deserve.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining a serious truck accident injury, you need help from a team with vast experience handling these cases. Turn to Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger today.
- We have extensive resources that we can you use to conduct a thorough investigation into the incident.
- We have an unmatched record of multimillion-dollar results and are one of the most successful personal injury law firms in the country.
- We have a success rate of over 98% in the cases we have handled.
- We are members of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA), an organization formed to help make our highways safer and facilitate networking between lawyers who handle major truck injury collisions.
We understand the victims of truck accidents often struggle with financial difficulty, which is why we take these cases on a contingency fee basis. This means we collect no legal fees until after we secure the compensation our clients deserve.
Truck accidents in Hayward are not uncommon
Hayward, California has several major highways in and around the area, including Interstate 880, Interstate 580, State Route 238 and Interstate 238, State Route 92, and State Route 238. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a fully loaded semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and be up to 75 feet long. These vehicles can cause immense damage and injuries to those inside passenger vehicles.
Who can be liable for these crashes?
Truck drivers and trucking companies are often liable in the aftermath of a crash. In many cases, a truck driver causes a crash due to inattention, distraction, or impairment. Trucking companies can be held liable if they fail to ensure that drivers follow proper regulations, including hours of service (HOS) requirements. Trucking companies are also responsible for regularly inspecting and maintaining their vehicles to prevent truck failure.
How much time do you have to file a claim?
The statute of limitations (also known as the time limit) the victims have to file a claim after a truck accident case is two years from the date the accident occurs (California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1). Victims who failed to file acclaimed within this two-year window will likely lose the ability to recover any compensation from negligent truck drivers or truck companies.
How much compensation is available?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the careless and negligent actions of another person, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. The total amount of damages awarded will vary depending on the facts related to each particular case, but the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger regularly helps clients secure the following:
- Coverage of all truck accident-related medical bills
- Payment for any lost wages if a victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Recovery of property damage expenses
- Possible punitive damages against a truck driver or trucking company
We have extensive experience recovering compensation for victims in these cases, including a $2 million settlement for a senior citizen struck by a crane truck and a $1.5 million settlement after the brake failure of a dump truck led to a fatal collision. When you need a Hayward truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 899-2919.