Modesto Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
The last thing that you should ever have to worry about is that your loved one will be abused by the people you entrust with their care. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse is not uncommon in and around the Modesto area. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Modesto nursing home abuse attorneys are standing by to help ensure that your loved one obtains justice and compensation for what has happened to them. If you suspect that your loved one has been abused, do not hesitate to contact our team to help you through this.
Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for Your Case
If you have discovered your loved one has been abused, turned to a team with trusted experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to stand by your side.
- Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is an award-winning law firm that has been helping injury victims for more than six decades.
- We have secured countless multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients and helped shape personal injury law in California.
- We take Modesto nursing home abuse cases on a contingency basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
Why Do You Need a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney?
Nursing home abuse cases can become incredibly complex, but an attorney is going to cut through the static and handle every aspect of your case. A Modesto nursing home abuse lawyer will have the resources and experience to:
- Obtain and preserve any evidence needed to prove liability for what happened.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to evaluate your loved one and determine the causes of their injuries or illness.
- Work with law enforcement officials and state regulatory bodies to investigate the nursing home and the employees.
- Negotiate with every party involved to obtain the compensation your loved one deserves.
Most Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Data available from the National Council on Aging suggest that 10% of all Americans over the age of 60 have experienced some form of elder abuse. Some estimates say that as many as five million elders are abused each year in this country.
Unfortunately, there are various types of abuse that can occur in nursing homes in and around the Modesto area. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we often help families of victims who have sustained the following:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Neglect of basic necessities
- Willful deprivation of necessities
- Psychological and emotional abuse
- Financial abuse
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
Nursing home abuse victims and their families have a limited amount of time to file lawsuits in these cases. The California personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date the incident took place. This means that a Modesto nursing home abuse case needs to be filed within a two-year timeframe for the victim to be able to recover the compensation they deserve.
Call Our Modesto Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you suspect that your loved one has been abused inside of a nursing home in Modesto, you need to contact Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for help with your case today. We have extensive resources that we can use to investigate your case and secure the justice and compensation your loved one is entitled to. When you need a Modesto personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.