Pedestrians should never have to worry about being harmed by negligent drivers when they are near the roadway. Unfortunately, when pedestrians are struck by a vehicle, they often sustain severe injuries. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a Modesto pedestrian accident attorney. Our team will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you need.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining a severe pedestrian accident injury, turn to a team with trusted experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to get to work.
- Our lawyers are amongst the most awarded in Northern California, and we have been successful in over 98% of the cases we have handled.
- Insurance companies will not pay fair value if they are not afraid of your lawyer, and our attorneys win in trial.
- We have the resources necessary to gather all evidence and documents needed to prove liability in your case.
Our team understands that victims in these cases may not have the resources necessary to pay for an attorney upfront. That is why we take all Modesto pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
What causes pedestrian accidents in Modesto?
There are various ways that pedestrian accidents occur due to the negligence of other people. In many cases, these incidents occur because governmental entities fail to properly maintain crosswalks or traffic signals. In other cases, vehicle drivers are responsible for pedestrian accidents because they:
- Fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Operate while distracted by their phones or other devices
- Operate while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Disregard traffic laws (failure to stop, speeding, etc.)
Pedestrian accidents are not uncommon, and the California Office of Traffic Safety says that there were more than 14,000 pedestrians injured in accidents across the state during the latest reporting year. Pedestrians are extremely susceptible to serious injuries in an impact with a passenger vehicle, and the attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger regularly helps clients who have sustained:
- Severe internal organ damage or bleeding
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
- Emotional and psychological trauma
Time limit to file a claim
Per the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, the statute of limitations for these cases is two years from the date the incident occurs. If a victim fails to file a claim within this two-year window, they could lose the ability to recover any compensation for their claim.
Types of compensation available for these cases?
If you or a loved one had been injured in a pedestrian accident caused by the negligence of another person, there may be various types of compensation available for your case. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have an extensive track record of multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for pedestrian accident cases This includes a $2.85 million settlement for a pedestrian struck by a bus and a $1.95 million settlement against a governmental entity for a pedestrian who sustained brain damage after a collision with a bus.
Let us conduct an investigation into your case so we can obtain coverage for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Modesto pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.