Modesto Truck Accident Lawyer
The last thing anyone should have to worry about when they are driving is that they will be harmed in a crash with a large truck. However, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or company cause severe accidents. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are ready to help when you need a Modesto truck accident attorney. Let us thoroughly investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you need.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining a serious truck accident injury, you need help from an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help.
- Our Modesto truck accident attorneys have more than six decades of experience helping clients in this area.
- We have the resources necessary to obtain all evidence related to your claim so we can prove the liability of the truck driver or trucking company involved.
- We have a success rate of more than 98% and have an unmatched record of multi-million dollar results.
We know that injury victims may not have the resources to afford an attorney upfront, which is why we take Modesto truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not collect any legal fees until after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on behalf of our client.
How do truck accidents in Modesto occur?
Modesto has plenty of commercial truck activity, particularly with these vehicles operating on Interstate 5 and California State Route 99. With so much commercial truck activity in and around Modesto, it is important to know that these vehicles can cause significant damage when they are involved in an accident. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a fully loaded semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and reach up to 75 feet long.
In many cases, these accidents are caused by truck driver negligence. This can include a driver:
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by a phone or other device
- Failing to follow traffic laws
- Failing to follow FMCSA hours of service (HOS) regulations
Trucking companies can also be responsible for these incidents if they fail to properly regulate their drivers or if they do not regularly inspect or maintain their vehicles.
Common Modesto truck crash injuries
Injuries from these incidents can be severe. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Modesto truck accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe internal bleeding or organ damage
- Paralysis due to spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries or amputations
- Significant emotional or psychological trauma
Types of compensation available for these cases
If you or a loved one had been injured in Modesto due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, there may be various types of compensation available for your case. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have extensive experience recovering compensation for clients in these situations. This includes a $15 million settlement for a cyclist injured after she was struck by a Forest Products Distributor semi-truck and a $7.75 million settlement for a big rig rollover crash.
Let us investigate your claim so we can secure coverage of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Modesto truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.