ClickCease Pedestrian Accidents With Uninsured Motorists

Pedestrian Accidents With Uninsured Motorists

Financial Recovery For Pedestrians Hurt By Uninsured Or Hit-And-Run Drivers

For all its obvious vertical challenges, San Francisco is a wonderfully pedestrian-friendly city. Whether walking for a purpose or for pleasure, pedestrians fill our sidewalks, crosswalks and public spaces at all times of day.

But pedestrians face the same peril as others who must share the road with uninsured drivers. If an uninsured driver has caused serious injuries, where can the injured pedestrian turn to be compensated for medical bills and lost wages?

Many people don’t know this, but if you have both an auto and an uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) policy or if you are covered under the policy of another driver in your home (a spouse, domestic partner, parent or child), your injuries and losses can be paid from that policy.

If you don’t know if your auto insurance includes UM/UIM coverage or if you qualify for coverage under another person’s policy, talk with an experienced California pedestrian accident lawyer at the San Francisco law firm of Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger.

To arrange a free and confidential consultation, call our firm at 415-906-3764 or send us an email.

What Kind Of Compensation Can I Get?

Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage should pay for both financial and nonfinancial losses after a pedestrian-car accident, including:

  • Medical and rehabilitation costs
  • Drugs, medical equipment and adaptations you may need for your home if you have a disability such as paralysis from a spinal cord injury
  • Lost wages for the time you are out of work
  • Loss of earning potential if your injuries are so severe that you cannot return to your previous job (or any job)
  • Expenses such as household help or in-home nursing care
  • Pain and suffering

What If The Insurance Company Says I’m Not Covered?

Sometimes insurance companies make mistakes — and sometimes they wrongly choose to interpret an insurance policy in their favor and not in yours. If your insurance company has unreasonably denied that you are covered or said that you could not get compensated for legitimate expenses from your accident, you may have a legal claim against it.

Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger can help. We are one of California’s premier personal injury law firms. Our attorneys have extensive experience appealing claim denials from insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, Geico, Mercury, USAA, Progressive, CSAA and others. We can help you understand and pursue your right to financial recovery.

If your insurance company has acted unreasonably when denying or delaying payment on your uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claim, call us at 415-906-3764 or contact the Walkup firm online.