Napa Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycling can be a wonderful way to exercise as well as an environmentally-friendly form of transportation. Unfortunately, bicyclists often sustain severe injuries due to the negligence of other drivers. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a Napa bicycle accident attorney. If you have been injured, we will investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you need.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger
After sustaining a serious bicycle accident injury, you need to turn to an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help you.
- We have helped Napa bicycle accident victims for nearly 60 years, and our lawyers are amongst the most awarded in Northern California.
- We thoroughly understand how insurance carriers operate in these situations, and we are not afraid to take a case to trial if we need to.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your crash to determine liability.
Our Napa bicycle accident attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will pay no legal fees until after we obtain a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
How do these crashes occur?
Unfortunately, many bicycle accidents occur due to the negligence of other drivers on the roadway. Drivers regularly fail to yield the right of way to a bicyclist, and they often follow bicyclists too closely. What many people do not realize is that bicyclists generally have the right to be on the roadway, and they must be afforded the same respect as any other vehicle.
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), we know that more than 11,000 bicyclists were injured and 155 bicyclists were killed during the latest reporting year across the state. Even when a bicyclist is wearing a helmet, there is a high likelihood that they will sustain severe injuries in an impact with a passenger vehicle. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have extensive experience helping clients who have sustained:
- Paralysis due to spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Broken and dislocated bones
In many of these cases, injured bicyclists suffer from significant scarring or disfigurement due to their injuries.
How long do victims have to file a claim?
When we turn to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, we can see that bicycle accident victims have a two-year statute of limitations in which to file claims against alleged negligent parties. Failure to file a claim within two years from the date an accident occurs will likely result in a bicycle accident victim being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
How much compensation is available?
California law does not specify how much compensation will be available for each bicycle accident case. Rather, the total amount awarded will depend on the various factors related to each particular claim. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have an extensive track record of success securing millions of dollars in compensation for clients in these cases. We pledge to thoroughly investigate your incident so we can obtain coverage for:
- All of your crash-related medical bills
- Lost wages if you cannot work while you recover
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
When you need a Napa bicycle accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.