Going through the loss of a loved one is difficult, and this is particularly true if the negligent, careless, or intentional actions of another person caused their death. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help if you need a Napa wrongful death lawyer. Our compassionate and experienced team will thoroughly investigate your case and work to secure justice and closure on your behalf.
Why choose us for your case?
When you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you need a compassionate attorney with extensive experience by your side. Let Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger help you through this.
- Our Napa wrongful death attorneys have been helping families in this area for nearly six decades.
- We are one of the most successful personal injury firms in the country and have recovered more than one billion dollars on behalf of clients and their families.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into every case in order to prove liability.
We understand the family members who have lost a loved one may be struggling financially, which is why we take all Napa wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not collect legal fees until after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict.
Who can file a wrongful death claim in Napa?
Various family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim after the loss of a loved one due to another person’s negligence. Per California’s Code of Civil Procedure 377.60, the following people may file a claim (in order of precedence):
- The spouse or domestic partner of the deceased
- Children of the deceased
- Grandchildren of the deceased if there are no children who can file a claim
- Any stepchildren who were dependent on the deceased
- Any other person who may be entitled to the deceased’s estate, per California intestate succession laws
California law stipulates that wrongful death claims must generally be filed within two years from the date of the deceased person’s death. The failure to file a claim within this two-year statute of limitations window may result in families being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
How do Napa wrongful death cases arise?
Unfortunately, there are countless ways that wrongful death cases arise in Napa. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have experience helping families who have lost loved ones due to the following:
- Fatal car accidents
- Commercial trucking accidents
- Workplace or construction accidents
- Defective or dangerous products
- Medical malpractice or nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Property owner negligence
- and more
This is not an all-inclusive list of the ways that wrongful death cases arise in Napa, so please speak with an attorney about the particular facts related to your case as soon as possible.
What kind of compensation is available?
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another person, business, or entity, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have secured millions of dollars in compensation for families in similar situations, including a $52 million jury verdict for the family of a person killed by a propane explosion and a $7.36 million jury verdict for a car accident causing the wrongful death of an 8-year-old girl.
Our team will thoroughly investigate your case so we can secure compensation for your losses. This includes any lost income and benefits of the deceased, loss of companionship and consortium damages, pain and suffering damages, funeral and burial expenses, and more. When you need a Napa wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.