Napa Tourist Injuries Lawyer
Napa is a popular place for people throughout California and the United States to visit. Renowned for internationally-acclaimed wine and wineries, there are also many other reasons that visitors come to this area to relax. However, there are times when visitors sustain injuries due to the negligence of others in this area. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a Napa tourist injuries attorney. Let us investigate your claim so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for help?
After being injured on a trip to Napa, you need help from an attorney with a reputation for success. Turn to Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger to help with your case today.
- Our lawyers are amongst the most awarded in Northern California, and we have an unmatched record of multimillion-dollar results for our clients.
- We are prepared to handle every aspect of tourist injury cases, and we are not afraid to take a case to trial if necessary.
- We have extensive resources at our disposal that we will use to conduct a thorough investigation into your claim.
We understand that injury victims are often in difficult financial situations, which is why we charge no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for a case. We take Napa tourist injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation you deserve.
How do injuries to tourists occur?
In addition to the residents of Napa County, this is a thriving tourist area. However, visitors sustain severe injuries in multiple ways. Aside from the common causes of personal injuries in Napa, visitors are more likely to sustain injuries due to the following:
- Bus accidents. These are large vehicles, and any accident involving the bus can result in severe injuries for passengers as well as those struck by the bus.
- Rideshare accidents. Drivers for rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft operate regularly in and around Napa. However, liability in the aftermath of a rideshare accident can become complicated.
- Hotel incidents. Hotel owners and operators have a duty to ensure the safety of their premises, and failing to do so could result in serious injuries for guests.
How long do you have to file a claim?
Many injury cases in Napa will be resolved through a settlement with insurance carriers, but it may be necessary for a victim to file a personal injury claim against an alleged negligent party. According to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, victims in these cases have a two-year statute of limitations in which to file a claim. This means that injury victims must file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party within two years from the date of the incident, or they risk losing the ability to recover any compensation.
How much compensation is available for this case?
California personal injury laws do not specify how much compensation will be awarded for these cases. Rather, the total damages awarded to each victim will vary depending on the particular facts of each case. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for clients in these situations. This includes a $3 million settlement for a senior citizen injured by a negligent transit bus driver and a major premises liability settlement for a fall from a hotel window.
Our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation into your case so we can secure coverage for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Napa tourist injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 899-2919.