Sacramento Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bites can cause significant injuries to victims. You need to know what to do if you or a loved one are bitten by a dog. If the carelessness or negligence of a dog’s owner is to blame, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Sacramento dog bite lawyer is ready to get to work on your case today. Let us investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve for all of your bite-related injuries.
What Should You Do If a Dog Bites You?
When you need a personal injury attorney, you do not have to settle for anything less than the best. The team of Sacramento dog bite attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger will bring more than six decades of experience to your case.
- We have successfully represented injured clients in both state and federal courts.
- Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in arbitration hearing boards as well as mediation and settlement conferences.
- We helped shape personal injury law in this state while securing millions of dollars in financial compensation for injured clients.
Do You Need a Sacramento Dog Bite Lawyer?
These cases can become incredibly complex, and your attorney will be the one to guide you through a civil claim. Your attorney will:
- Gather all evidence relating to the dog bite incident and prepare all court documents and motions.
- Gather your medical records and have them evaluated by a trusted healthcare professional.
- Properly calculate your total economic and non-economic losses (medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc.).
- Handle all communications with insurers or other parties involved in the case.
- Negotiate with insurers for a fair amount while also preparing to go to trial if necessary.
Dog Bite Statistics
Canine Journal tells us that there are around 4.5 million dog bites each year in the United States. Most of these do not result in serious injuries, but the CDC tells us that around 800,000 dog bites require medical attention in the hospital each year.
Children and the elderly are the most at-risk of serious dog bite injury because they are not as able to defend themselves or get away from the dog. However, anyone is at risk of the following injuries:
- Puncture wounds
- Severe lacerations
- Artery or vein damage
- Damage to tendons, ligaments, and muscles
- Amputations (usually of fingers)
In many cases, victims must undergo emergency surgery or even plastic surgery to restore functionality and appearance to a bite area. Victims of dog bite injuries often suffer from ongoing emotional and psychological trauma due to the bite and their injuries.
Do not wait to seek legal assistance if you or a loved one are injured by a dog bite that was caused by the negligence of someone else. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we understand these personal injury cases and are ready to get to work immediately. Our goal is to investigate your case and secure the compensation you deserve, including:
- Coverage of all bite-related medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent dog owner
When you need a Sacramento dog bite lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 415-889-2919.