Caring for Survivors
Wrongful Death Lawyers Nevada and California
When the member of a family dies in a wrongful death, friends and extended family often look for resources that can help the family through the terrible grief they are experiencing. This is a difficult time emotionally, but it is also a time when decisions need to be made that affect the family’s future.
Helping Victims’ Families Since 1959
- Grief counseling: Social service agencies, grief support groups, and psychological help are available.
- Estate and tax planning: When a loved one dies, there is a need to change the documents that reflect a changed reality.
- Probate and estate administration: The family may need a lawyer who can help with probate and property title transfers.
- Insurance benefits: A lawyer or a trusted family member needs to determine what benefits are available including mortgage insurance, life insurance, pension and survivor benefits.
- Social Security: The Social Security Administration should be contacted regarding death benefits and survivor benefits for any children.
- Wrongful death litigation: Make sure the family has a lawyer who knows how to investigate the circumstances and determine all liable parties. The family deserves all the financial resources available for the future.
When a family suffers a wrongful death, there is a great deal that needs to be done to secure the family’s legal and financial future. For help with those issues, talk to the wrongful death attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger.
Contact our wrongful death lawyers today. Make an appointment for a free consultation. 1-415-981-7210 or 1-415-981-7210.