Dedicated Premises Liability Attorneys Serving Clients In Truckee, CA
Property owners are responsible for keeping their rental homes and condominiums safe—protecting tenants, visitors, and passersby from accidents and harm. When you’re injured due to unsafe conditions on private or business property in the Truckee area, seek the advice of a skilled and experienced Truckee premises liability lawyer immediately.
For over 50 years, the veteran Northern California personal injury attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger have represented clients injured due to the negligence of property owners and managers, whether private, commercial, or public.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a complex area of the law, requiring expertise in a wide range of legal and evidentiary issues to clarify requirements for holding property owners, managers, and occupants accountable. We work with architecture, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, property management, and more experts to assess and prove fault. In nearly six decades of practice, we’ve recovered over $2 billion in damages for injured clients.
Whether you’re a guest at a hotel, motel, or a VRBO, a patron of a bar, restaurant, or nightclub, a shopper at a store or mall, a resident in an apartment complex, a fan at a sporting event, a family at an amusement park, a driver parking your car in a ramp or lot, or simply a member of the public taking a stroll through a scenic park or path —you have a right to be safe and secure. Our Truckee premises liability attorney is here to help.
Unsafe Property Conditions
Unsafe property conditions can include:
- Slip and fall hazards (wet floors, spills, ice, snow, rain)
- Cluttered or obstructed walkways
- Damaged staircases or dangerous stairwells (rotted, broken, or slippery steps, loose handrails, poor lighting, etc.)
- Trip and fall dangers (uneven floors, cracks in the pavement, loose mats or rugs.)
- Falling objects
- Improperly maintained homes or apartments
- Hazardous workplaces (construction sites, etc.)
- Malfunctioning systems or equipment (escalators, elevators, machinery, etc.)
- Fire hazards (lack of smoke alarms, extinguishers, emergency exits
- Dog bites
Inadequate security claims can also arise when someone suffers injury in an incident such as robbery or assault due to a property owner’s negligence, such as
- Poor nighttime lighting
- Broken locks
- Lack of proper personnel
- Known history of criminal activity in the immediate area—actions not taken to increase protection from a foreseeable threat
Landowners, corporations, business operators, property managers, and even government entities may be liable if you suffer an injury because they have failed to uphold the appropriate duty of care in maintaining their premises. Examples of negligence include failure to make necessary repairs or warn guests of dangers that may not be immediately obvious.
Our Winning Premises Liability Settlements
Examples of our Successful Representation in Premises Liability Cases include:
- Defective Commercial Building Elevator — $4.5 Million Settlement
- Summer Homeowner Negligence — $3.3 Fire Settlement
- Fall from Hotel Window – Seven-Figure Confidential Settlement
- Fall Over Faulty Railing — $1.6 Million Settlement
- Residential Fire – $1.5 Million Settlement
- Defective Apartment Heater – $1 Million Carbon Monoxide Settlement
- Trip-And-Fall on Sidewalk Defect – $875,000 Settlement
Contact Our Truckee Premises Liability Lawyer Today
Truckee is a small, peaceful town tucked into the Sierra Nevada mountains near Tahoe, where 200,000+ visitors and vacationers enjoy abundant recreation opportunities, relaxation, and gorgeous views each year. But accidents can happen anywhere, and dangers are not immediately evident. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a property owner’s negligence in the Truckee area, call the compassionate and experienced lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger at (415) 889-2919 or contact us online. Our consultations are free and confidential.