Stockton Personal Injury Lawyer
Injuries happen when people least expect them, and they can cause significant life setbacks for victims and their families. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a Stockton personal injury attorney. If the negligent actions of another person, company, or entity have caused you harm, we will work to secure the compensation you need.
Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for your case
After sustaining a serious personal injury, you need a trusted team by your side at all times. Let Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger get to work on your claim today.
- Our Stockton personal injury attorneys have been helping injured people for more than 60 years, and we are one of the most successful personal injury law firms in the nation.
- We have recovered more than $1 billion on behalf of wrongfully injured clients.
- We have a success rate of more than 98% for the cases we have handled.
We thoroughly understand that personal injury victims may lack the resources necessary to pay for an attorney upfront. That is why we take Stockton personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning victims will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
Types of personal injuries we help clients with
At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have helped clients get through just about every type of injury you can imagine. Our Stockton personal injury lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following types of traumatic injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Amputation injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Severe burns
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Occupational respiratory illnesses and cancers
- and more
Our team also regularly helps those who have sustained significant emotional and psychological trauma due to their injuries or the incident that caused the injuries.
How do these cases arise?
There are many ways that injuries occur due to the negligence of others. We regularly help clients who have been injured in:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction, farming, or other worksite accident
- Medical negligence and birth injuries
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Property owner negligence
- Dog bite incidents
- and more
How long do you have to file a claim?
In general, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in this state is two years from the date the injury occurs (California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1). If victims fail to file a claim within this two-year window, they could lose the ability to recover any compensation for their injuries.
How much compensation is available?
The total amount of compensation that a victim receives in the aftermath of sustaining personal injury will vary depending on the facts related to their particular case. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have an extensive track record of success, securing many multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of clients. This includes a $1.5 million settlement for a fatal collision after a dump truck’s brakes failed and a $1.6 million premises liability settlement after a fall caused by a faulty railing.
We will thoroughly investigate your claim so we can obtain coverage for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Stockton personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 899-2919.