Large commercial trucks operate in and around the roadways of Stockton on a daily basis. However, when they are in collisions with a vehicle, they can cause severe injuries. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here when you need a Stockton truck accident attorney. If the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company has caused you harm, we will work to secure full compensation for your claim.
Why choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining a serious truck accident injury, you need an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to get to work.
- Our Stockton truck accident attorneys have been helping victims who have been wrongfully injured for more than six decades.
- We have secured more than $1 billion for clients, and we have a case success rate of over 98%.
- We have the resources necessary to obtain all evidence related to the incident so we can prove liability in your case.
Victims in these cases are often put into difficult financial situations. That is why we take Stockton truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
Common Stockton truck accident injuries
Stockton roadways see plenty of commercial truck activity, particularly because this area is served by Interstate 5 and State Route 99, California’s major north-south thoroughfares. State Route 4 also passes right through the city limits.
Unfortunately, when an accident does occur between a large commercial truck and a passenger vehicle, those inside the smaller vehicle often sustain severe injuries. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, our Stockton truck accident workers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Paralysis due to spinal cord injuries
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Disfigurement or scarring injuries
Unfortunately, many victims of truck accidents also sustain significant emotional or psychological trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Who can be held liable?
Our attorneys often find that Stockton truck accidents are caused by the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company. There are times when truck drivers are at fault for these incidents because they:
- Operated while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Were distracted by their cell phones while behind the wheel
- Failed to follow FMCSA hours of service (HOS) regulations and operated while fatigued
- Failed to follow traffic laws (failure to yield, failure to stop, speeding)
Trucking companies can be held liable if they fail to properly monitor their drivers or if they do not regularly inspect and maintain their vehicles in an effort to prevent truck failure.
Types of compensation available for this case
If you or a loved one had been injured in a Stockton accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, you may be entitled to various types of compensation. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we have an extensive track record of securing compensation for clients in these cases. This includes a $7.75 million settlement for a client injured in a big rig rollover caused by a dangerous highway merge and a $2 million settlement for the family of a person killed in a semi-truck head-on collision.
Our team will thoroughly investigate your case so we can secure coverage of your medical bills, lost income, loss of personal enjoyment damages, and more. When you need a Stockton truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.