Our San Francisco, California, product liability burn injury attorneys mediated resolution of a tragic wrongful death case on behalf of the surviving parents of a 4-year-old girl who was burned over 80 percent of her body when she jumped into the family hot tub. The parents had purchased the hot tub from a local retailer for use by the family. The child was scalded before her mother’s eyes. She survived for 61 days following the incident. Our burn experts were able to prove that the thermostat failed to function properly and that the wiring for the automatic safety shutdown did not conform to manufacturing specifications.