San Francisco Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
Not many activities match the fun that both adults and children can have at a swimming pool. However, swimming pools can also be incredibly dangerous and lead to a wide range of injuries and even death. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a San Francisco swimming pool accident attorney. If you or a loved one have been injured at a pool due to the negligence of another person, let us work to secure the compensation you need.
Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for This Case
After sustaining a serious injury at a swimming pool, turn to an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally to handle your case. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help.
- Our San Francisco personal injury attorneys have been helping injured clients for more than 60 years, and we have an extensive track record of success.
- Our attorneys are among the most awarded in Northern California and have an unmatched record of multimillion-dollar results.
- We take all San Francisco swimming pool accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not collect any legal fees from our clients until we secure the compensation they deserve.
What Kind of Injuries Can Occur at a Swimming Pool?
There are many ways that people can become injured in and around a swimming pool in San Francisco. Unfortunately, many pools lack the basic protections necessary to keep swimmers safe. Some of the most common swimming pool hazards include:
- Defective swimming pool ladders
- Shallow deep ends
- No anti-entrapment devices
- Loose tiles around the pool
- Accumulated water around the pool deck
- Failure to provide warning signs about hazards
- Lack of fences or other barriers around a pool
- Improper use of pool chemicals
Injuries that occur in and around the pool area can be severe. In many cases, a pool hazard can lead to drowning or near-drowning incidents. However, other injuries that occur in and around a pool include:
- Slip and fall injuries such as broken bones, sprains or strains, head injuries, and more
- Traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries from diving into unexpectedly shallow water
- Lacerations or puncture wounds caused by sharp edges or rough surfaces
- Entrapment by a faulty drain suction
- Skin irritation due to poor chemicals
Who Is Liable for a Swimming Pool Injury?
Proving liability in the aftermath of the swimming pool injury can be difficult and will require extensive investigation. In many cases, a negligent or careless property owner is responsible for these injuries. Anytime a property owner has a pool on their premises (whether a private residential property owner or a commercial property owner), they must take steps to ensure the safety of everyone who has the right to be on their property. If a property owner fails to take proper precautions, they could be held liable for any injuries patrons sustain.
How Much Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury in a swimming pool accident that was caused by the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are going to thoroughly investigate your case in order to secure full compensation for your claim. This can include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the pool accident
- Any lost income you incur due to the incident
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent property owner
We have an extensive track record of success recovery multimillion-dollar settlements for clients injured in premises liability incidents. When you need a San Francisco swimming pool accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.