San Francisco Damaged and Defective Railings Injury Attorney
Most people do not even think twice about walking up or down stairways or elevated walkways. However, when railings are defective or damaged, a person can sustain serious and life-threatening injuries. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a San Francisco damaged and defective railings injury lawyer. We will investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you need.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger?
After sustaining an injury due to a defective railing, turn to an attorney with an extensive track record of success with these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is here for you.
- Our San Francisco personal injury lawyers have been helping injured clients in this area since 1959.
- We are fully prepared to take each client’s case to trial if they are not being treated fairly by insurance carriers or at-fault parties.
- We take all San Francisco defective and damaged railing cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not collect any legal fees from our clients until after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
How Do Damaged and Defective Railings Cause Injuries?
Stairways and elevated walkways are one of the most common and dangerous places that a person can suffer a fall incident. In these accidents, a victim risks falling much farther than they would than a fall that occurs on a flat surface. Some of the most common injuries from falls caused by defective railings include:
- Broken and dislocated arms
- Leg and ankle fractures
- Hip fractures
- Shoulder and collarbone fractures
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal organ damage
Nearly every building in which the public has access to must adhere to certain building codes concerning railings. Not only do the railings need to be compliant with California building codes, but they must also usually be ADA compliant. Even in areas in which the general public does not have access, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has requirements that all railings used by workers must be free from snagging or puncture hazards.
Unfortunately, even properly installed railings can be defective. If stairway or elevated walkway railings are not regularly inspected and maintained, they can deteriorate, and potential hazards can go unnoticed until an injury occurs.
Who Can Be Held Liable in These Cases?
There may be various liable parties in the event a defective railing causes an injury. This could include:
- Property owners who fail to inspect or maintain the railing
- Architects or construction contractors that installed the railing
- Third-parties that cause damage to the railings
What Kind of Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by damaged or defective railings, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are going to investigate every aspect of your claim so we can recover the following on your behalf:
- Coverage of any medical expenses related to the injury
- Any lost wages or loss of future earnings you incur due to your injury
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross property owner negligence
We have extensive experience recovering compensation for clients in these cases, including a $3 million settlement for a dangerous property condition. When you need a San Francisco damaged and defective railings attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 889-2919.