There are plenty of avid bicyclists in and around the San Francisco area. While this can be a fantastic and healthy activity, there are times when a defective bicycle or bicycle product can cause significant injuries. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a San Francisco defective cycling product lawyer. Let our qualified team investigate your case so we can secure full compensation for your claim.
Why Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for This Case?
In the aftermath of sustaining a severe bicycle injury, turn to an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is ready to help.
- We have a history of success in these cases, including a $17 million jury verdict for a person who sustained a brain injury caused by a defective bicycle product (Mason G. v. Bell Sports).
- Our San Francisco injury attorneys have more than six decades of legal experience, and we ensure that every client receives personalized attention for their case.
- We take all San Francisco defective cycling product cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
How Do Bicycle Products Become Defective?
According to the latest year of data available from the California Office of Traffic Safety, we can see that more than 11,000 bicyclists were injured in accidents and 155 cyclists lost their lives. Some of these accidents were caused by defective bicycles or bicycle parts. A bike can become defective in various ways, including:
- A fundamental design flaw with the bike
- An improperly manufactured bicycle
- Cracking of the bike frame during manufacturing
- Defective wheels or brakes
- Improper frame welding
- Improper assembly of the bicycle
- An individual defective part on the bicycle
Unfortunately, injuries in a bike accident are often severe. The bicycle accident lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger regularly help clients who have sustained broken and dislocated bones, internal organ damage or bleeding, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, severe lacerations, and more.
Who Is Liable in a Defective Bike Product Case?
Determining liability in these cases can become incredibly complicated and will involve an extensive investigation into the history of the particular defective bike or bike product. Some of the parties that may be held liable can include:
- The manufacturer of the bicycle
- The manufacturer of individual parts used in the bicycle
- A third party wholesaler
- The company that assembled the bicycle
- The retailer where the bicycle or bicycle part was purchased
What Kind of Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to a defective bicycle or bicycle product, you may be entitled to various types of compensation for your losses. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we pledge to conduct a thorough investigation into your claim in an effort to recover the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the bicycle crash
- Any lost wages or loss of future earnings you incur
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Property damage expenses
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence by a company or manufacturer
If you need a San Francisco defective cycling products attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 981-7210.