Why Walkup Melodia Should Be Your Choice For Product Liability
The Clear Choice For Medical Product Liability
The product liability and product defect attorneys at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger are California’s pre-eminent specialists. This is reflected by Walkup Melodia’s selection by the independent rating board of U.S. News & World Report for its top-shelf work in the field. Walkup Melodia is recognized by U.S. News as a pre-eminent product liability practice.
The Walkup law firm has extensive experience with product liability claims of all types. We have been recognized by U.S. News as a “National Top Tier Firm for Product Liability” consistently since 2011. The magazine has also named Walkup annually as “First Tier in San Francisco for Personal Injury and for Medical Malpractice.”
At Walkup Melodia, we have a team of lawyers with decades of experience litigating cases involving defective medical devices and other product liability cases. Our work on behalf of innocent medical consumers has included:
- Dangerous and defective female incontinence products and vaginal mesh
- Dangerous artificial hips, including metal-on-metal replacement hips
- Untested and dangerous surgical instruments to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease
- A badly designed knee prosthesis resulting in significant settlements for multiple clients
- Dangerous IUD devices that caused uterine wall perforation
- Cardiac stents that caused excessive bleeding
- Defective silicone breast implants resulting in settlements for 30 women who suffered connective tissue disease, autoimmune disorders and lupus
- Defective heart stents resulting in blood clots and a patient’s death from heart attack
- Bone graft compounds that produced unwanted and dangerous side effects
Experienced Bay Area Medical Device Injury Lawyers
Lawsuits involving defective medical devices are complex, lengthy, expensive and expert-intensive. Issues of federal safety and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval may pre-empt state law. It is important to work with a law firm that is nationally known and respected and skilled in these types of cases.
The Walkup Melodia law firm is well-known across the United States for being at the forefront of medical device litigation. Our attorneys achieved a first-of-its-kind verdict against Johnson & Johnson for producing a defective hip implant called the ASR.
If you received an ASR hip implant and are experiencing problems or have undergone premature revision, you may qualify for compensation for physical damage, harms and losses as well as compensation for unnecessary revision surgeries and pain and suffering.
Talk to a California hip recall attorney with experience handling defective medical device cases nationwide. It’s important that you understand your rights. Our lawyers are also prosecuting other cases involving metal-on-metal defective hip devices, including Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II cases.
To discuss your case with a lawyer at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, call us at (415) 981-7210 or contact the Walkup firm online.