Defective kitchen appliances can lead to incredibly dangerous situations that can cause significant injuries. Many kitchen appliances and tools utilize blades, sharp moving parts, fire, and high heat. Others pose electrocution hazards. When a kitchen appliance is defective, that can pose a significant risk to the consumer. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we are here to help when you need a San Francisco defective kitchen appliance injury lawyer. Let our team investigate your claim and secure the compensation you need.
Choose Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for Your Case
After sustaining an injury due to a defective product, you need an attorney with extensive experience handling this type of case. Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is here to help.
- Our team has extensive resources that we can use to conduct a full investigation into the company or manufacturer involved in this case.
- We have an unmatched record of multimillion-dollar results and have been successful in more than 98% of the personal injury cases we have handled.
- We take all San Francisco defective kitchen appliance cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need through a favorable settlement or verdict.
Types of Kitchen Appliances That Can Cause Injury
According to a research team at Consumer Reports, they have received complaints from hundreds of thousands of people regarding defective kitchen appliances over the last 10 years. While many of the complaints about defective products or not due to injuries, that is not always the case. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), kitchen appliances come with many risks. This can include risks from:
- Tipping over
- Sharp objects and edges
- Electrocution hazards
- Burn hazards
- Explosion hazards
- and more
Injuries caused by defective kitchen appliances can be severe. At Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger, we regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Sprains and strains
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Concussions or traumatic brain injury
- Neck and back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ damage
Burn Injuries Caused by Kitchen Appliances
The kitchen and heat are synonymous, but that does not mean that consumers should experience burn injuries. Unfortunately, defective kitchen appliances can cause serious burns. This can include stoves and ovens, microwaves, pressure cookers, air fryers, traditional fryers, separate specialty grills, and more.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Defective Kitchen Appliance?
If our investigation uncovers the defective kitchen appliance caused injury to you or a loved one, it may be possible to hold the company or manufacturer of the product responsible. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of kitchen appliance manufacturers that make the following:
- Ovens and stoves
- Pressure cookers
- Air fryers
- Garbage disposals
- and more
Please know that victims injured due to defective products in California have a two-year statute of limitations to file their claim. This means that victims have a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent party to recover compensation for their losses.
How Much Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to a defective kitchen appliance, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. While the total amount will differ from case to case, the team at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is regularly able to help victims recover the following:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the incident
- Recovery of any lost income
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the product company or manufacturer
When you need a San Francisco defective kitchen appliance attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (415) 981-7210.