Railroad car versus auto or pedestrian tragedies are infrequent but very serious. When they do occur they result in serious injuries or death. If a train is carrying hazardous cargo, a train derailment can mean a toxic spill that causes widespread sickness and potential evacuation of nearby communities.
A common type of train accident involves a vehicle driver and a train meeting at a railroad crossing. Such collisions happen with some frequency.
Skilled Train Accident And Injury Representation
Train accident injury claims are tough cases to tackle. They require extensive accident reconstruction work on the part of the injured person’s lawyer. They require the skill, experience and resources that Walkup, Melodia, Kelly and Schoenberger can bring.
The Walkup firm is one of San Francisco’s oldest and best-known personal injury law firms. For more than 50 years we have been helping injured people obtain the financial recovery they need and deserve after mass transit accidents. Our Peninsula train accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for injured people, including tourists and business travelers hurt while visiting the Bay Area.
If you were hurt as a passenger on a train or were hit by a train, contact our San Francisco law firm for a free initial consultation.
We represent injured people and families who have lost a loved one to wrongful death in California railway accident cases involving these and other railway lines in the Bay Area:
- Caltrain, the California commuter rail line that runs from the San Francisco Peninsula to the Santa Clara Valley, operating some 90 trains
- Altamont Commuter Express (ACE), a regional rail service connecting inland Northern California with the East Bay and San Jose along 86 miles of rail
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), the rail transit system that connects San Francisco to the East Bay and northern San Mateo County
- MUNI Metro, the light rail system operated by the San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) that serves San Francisco. MUNI Metro is the second busiest light rail system in the United States.
- Amtrak’s Capitol Corridor, a passenger train supported by the state of California that runs from the San Francisco Bay Area to Sacramento.
Call The Lawyers Other Lawyers Call For Advice
The Bay Area light rail accident attorneys at Walkup have successfully brought suit against the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency ( SFMTA), Caltrain, BART, SamTrans and other area transit providers more times than any other law firm in the state.
Our long track record of success is one of the reasons our firm and many of our attorneys have been listed among “The Best Lawyers in America.” Vigorous advocacy on behalf of injured clients recently earned law firm partners Richard Schoenberger and Douglas Saeltzer the “Trial Lawyer of the Year” award for 2011.
Take Immediate Action To Contact a Lawyer: Time May Be Limited
Railway systems are often operated by government agencies. If this is the case in your train accident, a shorter statute of limitations applies. All injury claims involving governmental agencies must be made within six months of the injury or you lose your right to recover damages.
Contact the California train injury law firm of Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger. Call (415) 981-7210 for a free no-obligation consultation. We handle all train crash cases on a contingent fee basis. This means you pay no attorney’s fees unless we are successful in achieving a financial recovery in your case.