Helping Injured California Tourists Recovery Financially After Mass Transit Accidents
As San Francisco's pre-eminent personal injury firm, Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger has a long tradition of representing tourists and business visitors injured during a stay in the Bay Area. From cable car and ferry accidents to airport shuttle and pedestrian injuries, our San Francisco tourist injury attorneys are prepared to help you get the financial compensation you need.
We understand that most people want to recuperate in a hospital close to home so they can be near family and friends. We will do all we can to facilitate your transfer to a hospital in your home state or country. We can also help you find a reputable, well-qualified lawyer near your home who can work with our firm as we bring your transit accident claim forward in California courts.
Tell Your Story To San Francisco Public Transit Injury Lawyers
When it comes to serious injury cases involving San Francisco tourists, Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger is there for you. Please email or call now 415-906-3764 for an immediate consultation with a local attorney in San Francisco.
Tourists hurt in San Francisco transit accidents have an ally. Contact Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger online or call our office toll free at 1-415-906-3764 for a free initial consultation.
Three Reasons Why You Need an Attorney in San Francisco
- To bring a lawsuit in California, you will need to work with an attorney who is licensed to practice in California.
- You will want to work with a San Francisco lawyer who is familiar with the area and able to properly investigate your case. We've undertaken many complex investigations. We work with skilled accident reconstruction experts to gather and preserve evidence.
- You will need an attorney who knows local public transit law and the local court rules. The Walkup firm has decades of experience handling public transit accident cases both in mediation and in court.
Examples of Tourist Injury Cases We've Handled
- When an empty cable car broke loose and crashed into another cable car full of passengers, our 21-year-old client from Vancouver, a tourist from British Columbia, was trapped between the two cars. Doctors had to amputate his left leg below the knee. His right ankle was also damaged. Our firm was chosen among many to represent the plaintiff in this case. We achieved a settlement of more than $4 million in his Municipal railway negligence case.
- Our transportation team negotiated a $2 million settlement in a bike accident case on behalf of a 12-year-old boy from New York. The boy's church group had rented bicycles at Fisherman's Wharf, but had not been provided with helmets as required by law. The child, an inexperienced bike rider, fell and struck his head on the pavement. He suffered a serious brain injury (left cerebral hemorrhage) resulting in right-sided paralysis.
- We secured a settlement in excess of $2.5 million on behalf of a man who suffered serious injuries and the wrongful death of his wife in an airport shuttle accident.
- Our cable car accident attorneys successfully represented a woman visiting from Texas. During her visit, while riding a cable car, the car ran out of control, derailed and ejected her to the ground, causing a serious femur fracture. Our team recovered $2.095 million on her behalf.
If you were a visitor or tourist in the Bay Area and now need personal injury representation for injuries you suffered in a public transit accident, contact the San Jose tourist accident lawyers at Walkup, Melodia, Kelly & Schoenberger for a free consultation. Call toll free 1-415-906-3764. One of our tourist accident specialists will contact you within 24 hours.